What's new

Does Asus AI mesh router work with Fritzbox mesh

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

eddiez

I could of course try it out, but it would require leaving my Merlin firmware :)

So just popppin' the question:
I have a Fritzbox with mesh capabilities as a main router. My Asus AC68U is now used as a media bridge to connect other wired clients to the network. Since I am having some connectivity issues, I was wondering if I could just flash to the official firmware and use the AC68 as a mesh client with my Fritzbox, improving the connectivity.

Anyone know if the two 'systems' (Asus & Fritz) are mesh compatible?

I could of course try it out, but it would require leaving my Merlin firmware :)

So just popppin' the question:
I have a Fritzbox with mesh capabilities as a main router. My Asus AC68U is now used as a media bridge to connect other wired clients to the network. Since I am having some connectivity issues, I was wondering if I could just flash to the official firmware and use the AC68 as a mesh client with my Fritzbox, improving the connectivity.

Anyone know if the two 'systems' (Asus & Fritz) are mesh compatible?

ASUS AiMesh is a proprietary mesh system for ASUS routers. I don't believe ASUS routers will work as a mesh node in another make mesh system.

OE

Last edited:
Use the AC68U as an AP instead, it will give you the same coverage a mesh solution would, just not centralized management.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!