What's new

Does dsl-ac68u supports aimesh 2.0?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Daig

New Around Here
I use dsl-ac68u as the main route
Now I want to build a VPN server with ipsec/lt2p protocol on the router. dsl-ac68u supports only openvpn and pptp.

The latest firmware of dsl-ac68u is Version 3.0.0.4.386_39648. Does 386 means that dsl-ac68u supports already aimesh 2.0? (Not in changlog)
If dsl-ac68u does not support aimesh2.0. Can aimesh1.0 server work with aimesh2.0 client?
If dsl-ac68u supports aimesh2.0. Which routes support both aimesh2.0 and ipsec/lt2p vpn server? The cheaper the better :)

I use dsl-ac68u as the main route
Now I want to build a VPN server with ipsec/lt2p protocol on the router. dsl-ac68u supports only openvpn and pptp.

The latest firmware of dsl-ac68u is Version 3.0.0.4.386_39648. Does 386 means that dsl-ac68u supports already aimesh 2.0? (Not in changlog)
If dsl-ac68u does not support aimesh2.0. Can aimesh1.0 server work with aimesh2.0 client?
If dsl-ac68u supports aimesh2.0. Which routes support both aimesh2.0 and ipsec/lt2p vpn server? The cheaper the better :)

I would assume it does not support AiMesh 2.0 since it is not mentioned in the release notes. So it will not support AiMesh 2.0 features on remote nodes and may have other compatibility issues.

OE

Last edited:
I use dsl ac68 as main modem. and I have +2 rt ac68u aimesh device. aimesh 2.0 supports.

Yes in general. Occasionally I install GNUton and Merlin software to test it.

Hi Osman, by the way i live in Istanbul. I also have DSL-AC68U running GNUTON (I needed the custom firmware to split tunnel OpenVPN), considering buying a couple of RT-AC68U and build a mesh system, but I need ethernet backhaul because of distance between main router and nodes.
I was unable to find information if the DSL-AC68U running Asus or Gnuton firmware could do it. Can you confirm that you can manually select Ethernet Backhaul only from the two nodes on The DSL-AC68U Aimesh Dashboard? I believe this is a feature of Aimesh 2.0 so this would also confirm that the DSL-AC68U is indeed Aimesh 2.0, even if the released firmware does not mention it. Appreciate your help.

from asus website:

2. Connection Priority (Only for AiMesh node)
Auto: The system will automatically change its connection type based on the real-word connection quality.
Ethernet: The connection between your AiMesh node and router will only be Ethernet.

Hi Osman, by the way i live in Istanbul. I also have DSL-AC68U running GNUTON (I needed the custom firmware to split tunnel OpenVPN), considering buying a couple of RT-AC68U and build a mesh system, but I need ethernet backhaul because of distance between main router and nodes.
I was unable to find information if the DSL-AC68U running Asus or Gnuton firmware could do it. Can you confirm that you can manually select Ethernet Backhaul only from the two nodes on The DSL-AC68U Aimesh Dashboard? I believe this is a feature of Aimesh 2.0 so this would also confirm that the DSL-AC68U is indeed Aimesh 2.0, even if the released firmware does not mention it. Appreciate your help.

from asus website:

2. Connection Priority (Only for AiMesh node)
Auto: The system will automatically change its connection type based on the real-word connection quality.
Ethernet: The connection between your AiMesh node and router will only be Ethernet.

Hello, if you can send a private message in Turkish I would like to help you more. my english is not very good.

The answer to your question is yes. You can make the choice. I have 2 rt-ac68u modems connected to the dsl-ac68u device, both in a remote distance via cable and in a wireless close range.

Attachments

• Ekran Alıntısı.PNG
    Ekran Alıntısı.PNG
    443.4 KB · Views: 258

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!