Does OFDMA Really Work? Part 1

sfx2000

Part of the Furniture
I think, the bigger question is: what settings to use as your gear slowly transitions to WIFI 6? I feel like what’s happening is that my older gear is moving to my 2.4 antenna post going to a WIFI 6 AP with default settings while they were more evenly split when I ran a WIFI 5 AP.

Hard to tell, as some of this might be environmental - switching out a WiFi5 AP for a WIFi6 AP changes the radio conditions for the client devices...

I think where it gets interesting is mesh - esp AIMesh from Asus, where one can have a mix of WiFi5 and WiFi6 nodes, and client behavior there may change - recall that WiFi5 is 5GHz only, whereas 11ax/WiFi6 is both bands...

barkmarkin

Occasional Visitor
So I should leave it off for my ax58u since it doesnt offer any benefits to my iphone 13 pro max? but instead increases latency according to these test. I have a 1000mbps ftth connection but with my speedtest.net results from my phone ofdma doesnt make a difference to download speeds or am i missing something here?. Also does TWT target wake time help battery life?.

thiggins

Mr. Easy
Staff member
So I should leave it off for my ax58u since it doesnt offer any benefits to my iphone 13 pro max? but instead increases latency according to these test. I have a 1000mbps ftth connection but with my speedtest.net results from my phone ofdma doesnt make a difference to download speeds or am i missing something here?. Also does TWT target wake time help battery life?.
OFDMA offers no benefits to a single AX device. On or off will make no difference. Latency effects are seen only under very specific conditions. I wouldn't worry about the settings.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!