What's new

Does OFDMA Really Work? Part 1

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I think, the bigger question is: what settings to use as your gear slowly transitions to WIFI 6? I feel like what’s happening is that my older gear is moving to my 2.4 antenna post going to a WIFI 6 AP with default settings while they were more evenly split when I ran a WIFI 5 AP.

Hard to tell, as some of this might be environmental - switching out a WiFi5 AP for a WIFi6 AP changes the radio conditions for the client devices...

I think where it gets interesting is mesh - esp AIMesh from Asus, where one can have a mix of WiFi5 and WiFi6 nodes, and client behavior there may change - recall that WiFi5 is 5GHz only, whereas 11ax/WiFi6 is both bands...

So I should leave it off for my ax58u since it doesnt offer any benefits to my iphone 13 pro max? but instead increases latency according to these test. I have a 1000mbps ftth connection but with my speedtest.net results from my phone ofdma doesnt make a difference to download speeds or am i missing something here?. Also does TWT target wake time help battery life?.

So I should leave it off for my ax58u since it doesnt offer any benefits to my iphone 13 pro max? but instead increases latency according to these test. I have a 1000mbps ftth connection but with my speedtest.net results from my phone ofdma doesnt make a difference to download speeds or am i missing something here?. Also does TWT target wake time help battery life?.
OFDMA offers no benefits to a single AX device. On or off will make no difference. Latency effects are seen only under very specific conditions. I wouldn't worry about the settings.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!