What's new

Does "Source IP" in port forwarding support the subnet mask format?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

startover909

New Around Here
I can't seem to find this anywhere in any documentation. Can you put something like x.x.x.x/25 in the source IP field of the port forwarding to restrict access to specified remote hosts? The web GUI does accept the input, but I tried to enter something invalid like x.x.x.x/abc and it also gets accepted so it seems the GUI does not do a REGEX check on this at all.

I can't seem to find this anywhere in any documentation. Can you put something like x.x.x.x/25 in the source IP field of the port forwarding to restrict access to specified remote hosts? The web GUI does accept the input, but I tried to enter something invalid like x.x.x.x/abc and it also gets accepted so it seems the GUI does not do a REGEX check on this at all.

In theory it should work - looks like the iptables rule does get properly generated.

Code:
    0     0 DNAT       tcp  --  *      *       72.1.2.0/24      0.0.0.0/0            tcp dpt:1515 to:192.168.10.100:1515

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!