What's new

LAN - IPTV - what does it do, and how to reproduce it on other than asus devices?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

abgx1

Occasional Visitor
Hi,

I am using an IPTV set-top box from our local TV/internet provider. According to the provider, it has to be connected in a specific manner; otherwise, the set-top box won’t work.
1714305784317.png

Even if I use a managed switch, such as the Zyxel GS1200-8, instead of an unmanaged one, it won’t work. The only exception is when I use an Asus router with its IPTV settings with the following setup:
1714306228145.png

So the question is: What is the magic behind the Asus IPTV settings, and am I able to reproduce it, for example, on an OpenWRT or MikroTik router?

It's a simplified VLAN setting with all the specifics set up for various service providers. That you have selected none is a bid odd though.
Try using the search function in the forums, as there are already threads about it.