What's new

Does the Linksys SRW2024 still have legs?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

TyantA

Occasional Visitor
  1. I picked one up at a yard sale a while back and it's been sitting on a shelf. Thought perhaps I should dust it off and see what it can do in my house. Currently I just have a bunch of 8-port gigabit unmanaged switches where I need them but it would be nice to centralize with this + patch panel. Is there anything "too outdated" about it or should it function just fine? Thought I'd ask before potentially wasting time on it.
  2. I did just pick up a 2.5G adaptor for my primary unraid server, so that will obviously have to go direct to my router (AX86U). I'm guessing you can only set up one link aggregation (say ports 1&2?) which would go to this switch. Is it possible to set up a 2nd link aggregation, (ports 3 & 4) to say, a second server?

it's pretty old - it went end of life/end of support back in 2011...

it's pretty old - it went end of life/end of support back in 2011...
Sure, but with the exception of the server upgrade I'm about to do, my house is still 1 gigabit so if it can serve that function... it seems to support link aggregation. I get that there's no support but IF it works like it's supposed to... I don't see the downside? I thought about security but it's behind my router so I'd like to think that's less of a concern. Just not sure if there's anything else I'm not thinking about.

Any other things to consider other than no more support? Just take the "if it works, it works" approach?

I guess the reality is, the 8-port unmanaged switches I've been using are likely older than it.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!