What's new

Skynet Double NAT problem

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

m3a1

New Around Here
Edit: my reply was moved from Skynet thread as too big apparently, anyway its RT-AX56U running Merlin 386.1_2.
Hey guys, I've installed the firewall on a router after a router from sky(ISP) which has a different IP range from the router/firewall. It's basically double natting, the firewall is showing the IP in red and not working any ideas how to configure it to run after the first router?

Last edited:
What is "the firewall" that you have installed? What is the "router" that you installed it on?

try showing us a sketch with all the devices, the ports they connect to, and where/what firewall you have installed. Oh, and what equipment ?

Be sure you have the double NAT set up correctly. If it is then you should not be having problems

Attachments

• How to double NAT two routers.pdf
    674.6 KB · Views: 218
You need to set your ISP modem/router to "bridge mode."

You need to set your ISP modem/router to "bridge mode."
Do i need to play with the IP configuration? The first router is provided by the ISP so will it work? Also in Bridge firewall is disabled?

Last edited:
If you are satisfied running double NAT you don't need to change any settings on the router provided by the ISP other than perhaps having the ISP's router assign the second double NATed router a static IP on the ISP's router LAN.

If you are satisfied running double NAT you don't need to change any settings on the router provided by the ISP other than perhaps having the ISP's router assign the second double NATed router a static IP on the ISP's router LAN.
Skynet firewall is the issue here - don't like to be behind NAT as can't see the public IP I presume?

Half of Skynet's functionality relies on knowing inbound IP addresses. If you're double-NAT then everything is coming to the Asus from your ISP modem's IP.

You don't want the ISP device doing anything except passing a signal to the Asus.