What's new

Download Master download directory

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

NeutralGold

Regular Contributor
Is there a simple way of downloading stuff to my cifs share using asus's version of transmission. Apparently it doesn't keep settings from the settings.json file and recreates the file during start up. I can temporarily setup DM to do what I want using the Transmission gui but as soon as the service restarts for what ever reason, everything defaults back except for some basic settings such as peers/bandwidth limits.

I could just disable dm all together and install via optware I think, but I kinda like using their interface for it. I poked around a little bit and found some conf files via the asusware/etc folder but I'm not to familiar with more advanced stuff. I'm not sure if I would break anything tinkering with that. It looks like it builds the settings.json file based on some of the stuff in those config files.

Would maybe a symlink work? I'm not exactly sure how symlinks work off hand. But any suggestions and/or help would be appreciated.

I'm currently using merlins latest build. Thanks.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!