What's new

dropping all-systems.mcast.net from Asuswrt Router

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Veldkornet

Hey guys,

SO I noticed on my firewall that it seems to be blocking a lot of IGMP requests from my RT-AC87U (AP mode - 380.63_2) to all-systems.mcast.net. I checked the source mac address to confirm that it's the RT-AC87U, although the IP address in use if completely wrong, that's the default IP for the router after a reset...

Code:
2016:12:05-00:13:04 utm ulogd[19491]: id="2001" severity="info" sys="SecureNet" sub="packetfilter" name="Packet dropped" action="drop" fwrule="60001" initf="eth0" srcmac="XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX" dstmac="XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX" srcip="192.168.1.1" dstip="224.0.0.1" proto="2" length="32" tos="0x00" prec="0xc0" ttl="1"

I assume that this is the "IGMP Snooping" under the Professional tab on the wireless settings.

But why the strange source IP address?

Last edited:
It is IGMP, and that 224.0.0.1 is local and not routable...

Nothing to worry about..

Nothing to worry about..

Yeah I figured as much and I made a rule to allow it from that MAC address.

I was more curios as to why the source was "192.168.1.1" when that range is not even in use anywhere on the network...

Unless this is always what's shown?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I figured as much and I made a rule to allow it from that MAC address.

I was more curios as to why the source was "192.168.1.1" when that range is not even in use anywhere on the network...

Unless this is always what's shown?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

192.168.1.0/24 is a typical range for many home networks... if that is not your range, you might have a device on the LAN/WLAN that might have things hardcoded perhaps...

Nothing to worry about..

I do not worry for security purposes. But I have a linux which is to wake on lan and such a request wakes it up...
Is there a way to configure the router not to do it or linux not to wake up upon it?

Let me mention that the computer with wake on lan is set to wake on unicast messages only, still it wakes up on the router's packet to 224.0.0.1 unfortunately.

I have played around a bit... First comment: I do not want to isolate lan and wireless. Would like to provide services to client PCs by a local server which can wake on lan...

Either if I enable IGMP snooping in WebUI in menu Wireless -> Professional or by nvram set emf_enable=1 (and of course commit it) then the IGMP snooping packets go to lan, too. Then the packets to 224.0.0.1 awake my local server which is set to wake up on unicast only...

So I have disabled IGMP snooping for now. I would be happy to enable IGMP snooping again as long as it would be possible to configure the router to do this only on wireless and not on lan without in general isolating wireless from lan.