What's new

Beta [DSL-AC68U] Asuswrt-Merlin 386.x Alphas for DSL-AC68U are now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

GNUton

Hi there,
1607513872803.png

Finally there is a thread for the alpha pre-release for the DSL-AC68U.
Here some useful links:
Please feel free to file new bugs to github if any. Thanks all for your help in testing and enjoy the new release! :D
Ciao!

Hi All,
I have a DSL-AC68U flashed with DSL-AC68U_384.10_gnuton-snapshot-feature-repeater_DSL_1.0.4.7 and want to use it as a repeater
I get the DSL-AC68U to act as a repeater and connect and get IP adress from my main Router, no problem. ( I can run tracert from the DSLAC68U to external web pages)

However when I connect a client, WiFi or cable to the DSL-AC68U the client will not get any IP adress

Anyone that reqinise this?

Hi All,
I have a DSL-AC68U flashed with DSL-AC68U_384.10_gnuton-snapshot-feature-repeater_DSL_1.0.4.7 and want to use it as a repeater
I get the DSL-AC68U to act as a repeater and connect and get IP adress from my main Router, no problem. ( I can run tracert from the DSLAC68U to external web pages)

However when I connect a client, WiFi or cable to the DSL-AC68U the client will not get any IP adress

Please start a NEW thread - this one is for comments / questions on the latest Alpha / Beta software from GNUton.
I would help if I could - but only use DSL-AC68U as main router - or as AiMesh Node.

Hi All,

Cool somebody is using the repeater firmware! If that's of your interest I may think to release a new one or see if the feature can be enabled in a future releases.
As for the problem check the dhcpserver and try to have only one for subnet.

I''m fairly new to this Github thing but is the repeater feature included in your 386 versions for the DSL-AC68U?
About the problem not getting IP adresses from the DSL-AC68U my main Router ( Sagemcom F@st 5370e) it is a DHCP router and gives an IP adress to the DSL-AC68U

The problem is that the DSL-AC68U is set as an repeater but clients connecting to it will not get IP adresses.

I''m fairly new to this Github thing but is the repeater feature included in your 386 versions for the DSL-AC68U?
About the problem not getting IP adresses from the DSL-AC68U my main Router ( Sagemcom F@st 5370e) it is a DHCP router and gives an IP adress to the DSL-AC68U

The problem is that the DSL-AC68U is set as an repeater but clients connecting to it will not get IP adresses.
Clear. Open a new thread for this issue so that you can get better support.
As for repeater feature in 386 version, no it's not included yet and I do not have plans about it for the time being, but I can release a newer version if there are enough people interested in it.

just signed up to say thank you and looking forward to trying these out in future.
I only recently bought a DSL 68U as I wanted a non ISP provided ADSL2+ hub, that hopefully was more stable and had better wifi range.
(My line was already fast for ADSL (with my previous ISP I could also get into the 24Mbit club with interleaving off and a target SnR <3db.)

As so many of Merlin's firmware are for RT models, not the DSL version, this is great.

@GNUton - I see you have compiled a 386-Alpha2 ... but judging from the commit comments - I assume we should NOT attempt to load that firmware?
Code:
* dsl-ac68u: Do not use DSL-AC68U libletsencrypt prebuild since it looks to not work correctly. Falling back to .so in arm dir as other models
* dsl-ac68u: fix 'hour_monitor: dpi engine doesn't exist' in the logs. The problem is RTCONFIG_BCMSMP is defined for DSL-AC68U but instead of checking /dev/detector it use the new /dev/idp which is not right

Will wait for you to give the DSL community a heads-up to test for you.

Hi Kernol!
I am keeping pretty much updated the issues here https://github.com/gnuton/asuswrt-merlin.ng/issues?q=is:issue+is:open+label:v386.1
I am also writing down my findings to reach to the fix. Any help would of course speed me up.

As for now there are 3 issues for 386. The NVRAM one won't be fixed for the time being since that's not actually anything new, and it has been partially mitigated by ASUS but still there.
If you wanna talk about it more we can have a chat in a different thread or just comment the issue.
As for the other two, I am trying to work on them on my free time.

So, feel free to update to latest alpha 2 which is better and please keep on reporting if anything else has been
AS For commit "
* dsl-ac68u: Do not use DSL-AC68U libletsencrypt prebuild since it looks to not work correctly. Falling back to .so in arm dir as other models" that will be reverted back. It loks like that's not the issue.

Hi @GNUton - Testing alpha2

Traffic Stats - Now working and recording
AI protect - Working
Time Scheduling - I always use Time Scheduling for the kids and have noticed they are still on their devices so its not working - there is a error when adding time scheduling via the GUI - I always use the app and it adds the schedule with no error
high NVRAM - with 386 I do always get this but just use the script to clear it out

Hi @GNUton - Testing alpha2

Traffic Stats - Now working and recording
AI protect - Working
Time Scheduling - I always use Time Scheduling for the kids and have noticed they are still on their devices so its not working - there is a error when adding time scheduling via the GUI - I always use the app and it adds the schedule with no error
high NVRAM - with 386 I do always get this but just use the script to clear it out

So you are saying taht you do not see the problem of max Limit = 0 as in the pic: https://user-images.githubusercontent.com/576580/102007629-06afba80-3d2b-11eb-9f9c-02b4d7c68b4e.png
from

So you are saying taht you do not see the problem of max Limit = 0 as in the pic: https://user-images.githubusercontent.com/576580/102007629-06afba80-3d2b-11eb-9f9c-02b4d7c68b4e.png
from

yes I have the max limit =0 as well

1608000248788.png

Ok I fixed this issue in the latest alpha3.
It seems to work now for me.

The GUI is working now but another problem has popped up :( - if you set a device to block at a certain time it will stay blocked

I know ASUS stock firmware had the exact same issue before in their earlier 386 builds, but in 386_39648 they fixed it

@GNUton - my days of contributing on your DSL Thread/s are pretty much done.
I just wanted to step in and thank you sincerely for bringing Merlinware to the DSL World. {ThumbsUp}

Your Release Builds have always been rock solid - and a pleasure to run with the Pandora's Box of awesome Add-ons provided by all the other coders.

My DSL's are now returning to Asus stock firmware and being run purely as AiMesh Nodes - behind fibre fed RT-AC86U and/or RT-AX86U routers.

I wish you continued success - and hope @RMerlin will remove the old "Sticky Thread" of yours and replace it with this one.
The "new" enforced system of auto-retiring main threads has made it almost impossible to find the "origin" thread which contains installation etc advice for forked firmware or add-on threads - so I hope a solution is found to that problem.:rolleyes:

addio :cool:

Hi there,
The latest alpha7 should fix the guest network issue (https://github.com/gnuton/asuswrt-merlin.ng/issues/55)

Hi,

did not improve. the problem continues.

It happens when I open the intranet. but the guest is not asked to access the intranet.

Last edited:
Hello,

game and open Nat tabs do not work. I wanted to open a port for cs go but it didn't work.

Except these, everything looks very good. thank you.

When nvram gives a warning, can't the following code run automatically and clean nvram?

for line in `nvram show | grep ^[^=]*=$ `; do var=${line%*=}; nvram unset $var; done; nvram commit

Attachments

• Ekran Alıntısı.PNG
    Ekran Alıntısı.PNG
    482.3 KB · Views: 369
Last edited: