What's new

DSL-AC68U firmware with Aimesh-node (child) support over Wifi and LAN backhaul

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Normally, the node WAN is connected to the router LAN. Not usre if that applies to a DSL-node.

Does forcing the node connection priority to wired/Ethernet help?

OE
In case of DSL there is no WAN port and the DSL connector is not RJ45, so one of the LAN ports must be used, I think.
Unfortunately forcing the connection priority does not help :(

@OzarkEdge: There is no ethernet WAN port on DSL-AC68U.
You can set WAN to a LAN port instead of DSL.

@tuzok:
first set WAN to LAN1
then try to connect via parent router using Aimesh
Maybe you first have to use wifi connection for pairing and later switch to "Ethernet priorized" what worked for them.
Use latest firmware on master router.
But unfortunately still freezes are seen on the connection.

Last edited:
It has been quite a while, but still could not make it work. I have a RT-AC68U as parent Aimesh router and a DSL-AC68U as a mesh node. It works fine with wireless connection (have not done many tests but the connection between the two routers are good). My intention is to connect them via ethernet backhaul. This is where the problem starts.
- if I reset the DSL router and add it to the mesh as a node, it will forget that I set the WAN to LAN1
- if I do not reset the DSL, it would not be found by the parent router as a node
It seems like a catch 22. Does anyone can recommend me a way to specify a WAN to LAN setting and then without a reset add the DSL to the mesh as a node?
Both routers are on the latest release. I want to keep the DSL as a node and do not want to swap them.
I would appreciate any thoughts, ideas.

You can't use a wired backhaul if you use the dsl-ac68u as the mesh node.

It's simply not a supported node of operation.