What's new

Dual WAN differences on 382 vs 380 or even 384?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Gouldin

Regular Contributor
Hi all, just got myself an RT-AC88u after my year long trip of trying out a Synology RT and a full blown Ubiquiti Unifi setup. (It wasn't pleasant and hence going back to Asus) and use the dual wan load balancing feature between 2 pppoe vdsl connections that are the same speed.

I initially set it up on 382, but had issues with websites timing out, qos not working and Trend not working in load balanced connections, so have downgraded to 380 and the load balancing is working pretty sweet now along with QOS and Trend seemingly working.

Just wondering if there anyone knows of Asus' roadmap into re-enabling dual wan to work nicely again in 382 or even 384?

I can't run stock firmware to test it as I also have 5 public static IP's routed through using jffs script.

Any info would be appreciated.

Hi,

Asus support reply when I asked (mid December 2017) about Dual Wan (in load balance mode) with connection with Adaptive QOS and other Tren Micro "stuff":

"It is not determined if and when the functionality can be introduced"

Thanks. We'll, it's helped me decide to save £45 a month by cancelling one of the lines. :)
Seems across every vendor load balancing is always going to be a bit funky unless manually routing vlans or devices, which other than ensuring traffic management, doesn't help a great deal in my situation.

Cheers for the info.