What's new

E4200V2 With Cisco Connect Cloud

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ChromeModz

New Around Here
Just Flashed The EA4500 Firmware To My E4200V2 And Its Working Great! The Model In The Control Panel Even Says I Have A E4200V2!

That's good! Shame I can't get into mine to with CCC installed.

Enjoy having your traffic tracked and monetized... welcome to the cloud...

Enjoy having your traffic tracked and monetized... welcome to the cloud...

Not for too long I am opting out for the TL-ER5120 shipped out today! Cost more but enough of Cisco CCC for me. I don't like the way you can't get into the nit a gritty of the router web admin settings.

My password had to reset to get past the CCC once in there the router access didn't prompt me for password and I am on a new Windows 8 build never touch the CCC prior.

Other glitches of the EA4500 is WiFi drops more with the CCC in place. Netflix contact connect. The new Connectivity feature called:

Remote Access to Allow remote access to the Cisco Connect Cloud.
Note: Disabling this setting prevents you from accessing your network
over the internet.

CCC is slow process I am Quad-Core with Oct-gone RAM full tweaked system browser swap to larger cache offloaded to another drive and still slugglish.

Just Flashed The EA4500 Firmware To My E4200V2 and It's Working Great! The Model In The Control Panel Even Says I Have A E4200V2!

Same here. I really like the new interface. The ability to remotely manage my network is great via the new mobile app on my iPhone/iPad. I've had great performance from my e4200 V2 since day-one. Never had any significant issues there. The Cisco Connect Cloud update IMO just makes it a lot easier to manage.

I had to do a manual download from:
http://homesupport.cisco.com/en-us/support/routers/E4200

Release Date: June 25, 2012
Firmware version: v2.1.38 (Build 138143 )

Changes:
- Added Cisco Cloud services
- Added support for Class B and C subnets
- Updated WiFi driver
- Fixed guest network setup issue when router LAN IP set to 192.168.3.1
- Removed "Restore Previous Firmware" button
- Fixed some minor issues

You don't need the cloud to do that on the E4200V1 or E4200V2 or EA4500V1 for Android CISCO Easy Connect app which would load up the router configuration and change the settings. But once you load-up the EA4500V1 CCC stuff that app won't work anymore. You need to get the CCC app for Android. But Cisco is tracking what you do with your router. I rather use my TP-LINK SMB TL-ER6120 along with Engenius ESR600H for WiFi Access Point without having anyone monitoring my where about online.

I got a E4200V2 -

How is it going with that update of the EA4500 you did to your E4200V2? Just checking to see if I upgrade and to see if it`s worth it.

Thanks.

E4200v2

I wanted the fastest router and saw performances and this one is the best one even faster than EA4500. Good point of view about cloud, will stay away from it.. Thanks

With what goes on these days with monetizing everything, ID theft, telemarketers on the move again, phishing, credit card theft (happened to me in a restaurant), a good dose of healthy skepticism is prudent. Especially with Cisco, where Altruism and Cisco don't belong in the same sentence.

I subscribe to: When in doubt, don't.

Last edited:
What would you have to log into CISCO account to access your router. To me it's pointless and also my privacy. To have it link to my email then if you forget the password they have to send you a password reset just to get into your own SOHO router in your own place. Instead of doing it the normal way of just typing out the IP address on the browser. So basically they go from the CD way tot he Cloud way. What CISCO should have done is given the advance owner of these products more features like port management and few other features. Instead you have it crippled and plus tracking your activities on your own network!

Healthy skepticism is one thing. Unproven accusations are another.

Tim, how about being more neutral on this multi-month topic? The implication in these posts going back to day one on this is that you're tending to defend Cisco's move that is unpopular with many.

Well since I have disabled the these CCC features I am now able to just get in there and configure the device as it was meant to be without CISCO Tracking and Monitoring my activities on the device. Disabled that Auto Update feature too.

Stevech is right we need to relax about what CISCO is doing for the home/smb customers. We need to take a neutral stand on this subject. But members and consumer need to be aware of what's going on out there when it comes to network gear.

But right now more companies are using cloud base system forcing you to run anything through them then back to your end. I am not really into using the router that way. I use cloud for testing WiFi AP and storing my Rom Up for Android and backup apps makes it easier to manage in that sense.

I can have an opinion just as others do, Steve.

Just because something is "unpopular with many" doesn't mean that it is correct. I have yet to see anyone present proof to back up the strong allegations being made against Cisco on this topic. People are just spreading FUD.

If I were not being neutral, I would be banning posts on the topic. Instead, I'm asking people to back up their claims with fact.

That proof would have to be done by install the most current firmware that supports the CCC again. Then run test and show images of what owners of this device will experience using CISCO.

Below is what I had got when I was updated to the CCC.

Verify Account
Inbox
x

http://ciscoconnectcloud.com/ui/ustatic/images/email/emailHeader.png

Cisco Connect Cloud Mailer noreply@ciscoconnectcloud.com via amazonses.com
Jul 2

to me

Almost Done!

Click the link below to activate your Cisco Connect Cloud account. You'll be asked
to login with the email and password you just used when setting up your Cisco Connect
Cloud account. Then you'll be asked for your router password, and that's it.

P.S. It's best to activate your account using a computer or device that's
connected to your router.

http://ciscoconnectcloud.com/ui/dynamic/account-verification.html?verificationToken=
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxAE

To access Cisco Connect Cloud in the future, simply select the Cisco Connect Cloud
icon on your desktop, or open a web browser and go to www.ciscoconnectcloud.com

Thank you,
The Cisco Connect Team

If you forget your password

Password Reset
Inbox
x

http://ciscoconnectcloud.com/ui/ustatic/images/email/emailHeader.png

Cisco Connect Cloud Mailer noreply@ciscoconnectcloud.com via amazonses.com
Jul 5

to me

Reset your Cisco Connect password

To reset your Cisco Connect password, click the link below. You may have to copy
and paste this link into your browser window.

http://ciscoconnectcloud.com/ui/dynamic/password-reset.html?verificationToken=
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx9F
&username=tipstir@gmail.com

Thank you,
The Cisco Connect Team

So before you can get into your WiFi Router you have to go through them. Where it should be the other way if you want to use their services or not.

To me just pointless move on their part to force us all to go through these extra steps. Like you have to be connected to them just to view or change your WiFi Router settings. Just too much control.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!