What's new

Email Notifications - Cannot turn off notifications

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Stevens243

Regular Contributor
A very minor gripe I have is that I do not want to get email notifications for someone posting in watched threads but I do regardless. I've turned off those notifications in the forum and in the general account settings but I get them anyway.

When I un-watch a thread, they stop, but as soon as I comment/post in that thread again, they return.

Is your browser remembering settings you don't want it to?

Does browsing with another one work as expected?

... but as soon as I comment/post in that thread again, they return.
Isn't that in Account Preferences, or is that what you turned off?
Untitled.png

Last edited:
Disable automatic watching from your Profile. I have the forums set myself to never send me any new post notification, works fine here - I only receive the administrative notifications.

No, I had it on. I just turned it off. If I still get emails, I'll post that. Funny thing is: I didn't get an email that Colin quoted me nor one that Merlin responded...

Thanks for the help.

I'm still getting emails from "watched" threads.

In "preferences" I turned off automatic watching and get email from watched threads. In watched forums, I checked the box and pulled down the arrow and selected "do not receive email" I've unchecked or deleted every item but when I "view" a thread that I've previously watched, the next reply to it give me an email.

Last edited:
Ok, I've unwatched the forum, and all threads in the forum. There were some threads that showed up with "email" marked next to them when I viewed the list.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!