What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Julio Urquidi

News Editor
EnGenius just added a new Wireless AC Wave 2 ProAV solution kit for custom home and commercial integrators.

engenius-proavmgt2500.jpg

The Neutron EWS Series Managed Wireless 11ac Wave ProAV solution is one of several EnGenius kits designed to simplify the planning and installation of integrated wireless solutions in residential and commercial environments.

Hardware-wise, the new kit, also called the PROAVMGT2500, includes three low-profile Wireless AC Wave 2 access points and an 8-port Gigabit POE+ controller switch, providing administrators with manageable environments that deliver dual-band wireless speeds up to 2.5 Gbps. Centralized administration, reporting and analytics are handled through the controller’s web-based interface or by using EnGenius’ subscription-free ezMaster Network Management software.

Available in North America this coming August, the PROAVMGT2500 solution kit will retail for $3450.

$3,450.00?

May be a good 'solution' for EnGenius, but what does this give to the average user that a few RT-AC3100's at a third of the cost won't do? I'm talking about performance and reliability, not the 'rich reporting and analytics' part of the marketing fluff. Okay, POE capabilities are nice to have (not worth an extra $2,000 though). Anything else that differentiates this from the pro consumer class of routers (besides management, that is usually a one time setup, in my experience, not something you rely on for the life of the product)?

No information about how many clients each AP can reliably handle either (kind of important).

If this was offered at less than a grand, it might be worth investigating. At the price asked, I could almost convince customers that I'll supply them the newest routers as they become available for the next couple of years for 'no extra charge'. ;)

The Neutron EWS Series Managed Wireless 11ac Wave ProAV solution is one of several EnGenius kits designed to simplify the planning and installation of integrated wireless solutions in residential

have to agree they are fooling them selves if they think this is a domestic market focused solution price wise

That always depends on traffic, doesn't it?

Of course. :)

Just would be nice to know the subnet size mask that the managed switch and AP's can work with.

(It may have been an option for Dan in the other thread where he is looking for an upgrade for his church WiFi. Up to 650 people and 30,000 SqFt on two levels).

May be a good 'solution' for EnGenius, but what does this give to the average user that a few RT-AC3100's at a third of the cost won't do?

This is a completely different class of device than a few consumer routers...

This is a completely different class of device than a few consumer routers...

I agree, the price indicates as much. But the question still needs answering, I think?

I agree, the price indicates as much. But the question still needs answering, I think?

It's a solution for someone building a 20,000 sq ft home costing a million bucks :D

Those folks usually don't stop by best buy...

It's a solution for someone building a 20,000 sq ft home costing a million bucks :D

Those folks usually don't stop by best buy...

Still doesn't answer the question.

Did you see post 5?

Of course. :)

Just would be nice to know the subnet size mask that the managed switch and AP's can work with.

(It may have been an option for Dan in the other thread where he is looking for an upgrade for his church WiFi. Up to 650 people and 30,000 SqFt on two levels).

I don't think this product would be suitable for Dan's problem, as it introduces challenges in both backhaul and radio resource management.

Still doesn't answer the question.

Did you see post 5?

The market segment that this is likely focused - and this is telling by how they brand it - is the professional audio visual market - and this is anything from entertainment venues (think clubs) to high end home audio/visual installations.

It's not quite at the hospitality level (hotels, resorts) or enterprise, or auditorium/stadiums - as those are different use cases and requirements.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!