What's new

EnGenius Announces Upcoming SMB AX Access Points For Early Adopters

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Julio Urquidi

News Editor
ews357ap.jpg
The first of the two new APs is the EWS357AP, a 2x2 802.11ax access point powered by a Qualcomm chipset. Targeting small and medium businesses, EnGenius believes their new access points will help early adopting SMBs bridge over to the latest AX standard.

The low-profile EWS357AP will support 1x1 and 2x2 clients and is backward compatible with legacy Wi-Fi standards, as well as supporting AX-compatible devices. Features include OFDMA, uplink/downlink of MU-MIMO, BSS Coloring tags and target wake time for power saving, as well as having mass configuration capabilities.

Along with the EWS357AP, EnGenius is also announcing the EWS377AP, a 4x4 access point designed for higher density areas. Not much was mentioned regarding EWS377AP's feature set, so be sure to check out the EnGenius website for more information.

Available in early Q1, the EnGenius EWS357AP’s MSRP is set at $189 MSRP, while the EWS377AP will have a $289 MSRP.

I have been testing the EWS357AP's and they are working well with current clients. I was also able to do a throughput test in WDS AP mode between 2 units and was averaging 600Mbps actual throughput these would be good to bridge networks even more so when they enable mesh mode. more info on the EWS357AP here http://www.keenansystems.com/store/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=562

Do you need an AX router to get AX from the AP? I own a AC88U, if I use the EWS377AP as an access point, would AX work if people connected to the AP? Of course I know the router would remain AC.