What's new

Entirely clueless of what I did, fearful that I ruined my Router

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Freezekit

New Around Here
I was (in an attempt to change my NAT type from Moderate to Open on my PlayStation 4) reading advice on multiple different websites for assistance. My ASUS RT-N12D1 router's IP reading (I'm not entirely sure what it's called, but it's what you would post in the address bar to access the router's settings) was 10.0.0.200. I was unable to find the WAN setting in my hardwired router, so changed my router from am Access Point to something with the word 'Wireless' in it while I was in my router's settings. I was given a message giving the new IP address and saying to connect to that if I wished to go back into my router's settings. The new IP it gave me was 192.168.1.1 . Upon putting this new IP in my address bar, I was greeted with "This site cannot be reached", saying that the site took too long to respond. I tried going back to the original address (10.0.0.200) and was greeted with this https://gyazo.com/7cb9e98dc5ad1185ddb32c2523e7087d. I still have internet access, however my NAT type wasn't changed on my PS4, which is still the original issue I tried resolving. I'm now just afraid that I've done some irreversible process that has ruined my router. Can somebody please point me in the right direction of reversing my router to it's original settings, and if I will be able to change my NAT type once my process is reversed?

Please use simple language, I'm not very thrifty on computer terms and knowledge (Which is what got me in this situation in the first place). Thank you in advance!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!