What's new

Entware Entware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

So I was wondering why my wordpress keep complaining that "zip" PHP module is not installed or not enabled.

Today when I run "/opt/bin/php-cgi" command and this is what I found:

Bash:
root@R7800:/tmp/mnt/sda1/entware/share/nginx/html$ /opt/bin/php-cgi
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'zip.so'
(tried: /opt/lib/php/zip.so (libnettle.so.7: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory),
/opt/lib/php/zip.so.so (/opt/lib/php/zip.so.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)) in Unknown on line 0

I search across the web and found one solution written in Russian:

Bash:
/opt/bin/opkg list-installed|grep -v "libc "|sed 's/ - .*$//'|grep lib|grep -v libpthread|grep -v libgcc|xargs -n 5 /opt/bin/opkg --force-reinstall install

After waited for a while for the packages reinstallation, the "zip" PHP module not install or not enabled issue went away.
Thank you for posting the link to russian forum as well as the command line command to resolve the issue. I had been facing this issue with Nextcloud for 1 month now - RAn the command and the issue went away. Nice one ! THank you.

Thank you for posting the link to russian forum as well as the command line command to resolve the issue. I had been facing this issue with Nextcloud for 1 month now - RAn the command and the issue went away. Nice one ! THank you.
Yes, at first I was facing this zip problem in wordpress, but wordpress just giving the warning and let me proceed.

Nextcloud in the other hand, will not let me continue with the zip problem.
Which is why it forced me to search for a solution, as I needed nextcloud to work.

Gladly I found the solution, and I think it is good to share the solution in this forum.

Info for Entware users: my version of Entware is upgraded.

It is enough to run:
Code:
/opt/bin/opkg update
/opt/bin/opkg upgrade

to upgrade your version.

P.S.
Probably most interesting for developers is upgrade of GCC (9.5.0) and Binutils (2.39). You should be able to compile your own packages by modern tools.

Voxel.

Voxel,
Is it possible to build unbound with "--with-libnghttp2" to get DOH working (on R9000)?
Thanks,

Currently built:
/opt/sbin/unbound -V
Version 1.17.0

Configure line: --target=arm-openwrt-linux --host=arm-openwrt-linux --build=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu --program-prefix= --program-suffix= --prefix=/opt --exec-prefix=/opt --bindir=/opt/bin --sbindir=/opt/sbin --libexecdir=/opt/lib --sysconfdir=/opt/etc --datadir=/opt/share --localstatedir=/opt/var --mandir=/opt/man --infodir=/opt/info --disable-dsa --disable-gost --enable-allsymbols --enable-ecdsa --enable-tfo-client --enable-tfo-server --with-libexpat=/home/voxel/Entware/staging_dir/target-arm_cortex-a15_glibc-2.27_eabi/opt --with-ssl=/home/voxel/Entware/staging_dir/target-arm_cortex-a15_glibc-2.27_eabi/opt --with-user=unbound --with-run-dir=/opt/var/lib/unbound --with-conf-file=/opt/var/lib/unbound/unbound.conf --with-pidfile=/opt/var/run/unbound.pid --enable-ipset --with-libmnl=/home/voxel/Entware/staging_dir/target-arm_cortex-a15_glibc-2.27_eabi/opt --enable-event-api --with-libevent=/home/voxel/Entware/staging_dir/target-arm_cortex-a15_glibc-2.27_eabi/opt --with-pthreads
Linked libs: pluggable-libevent 2.1.12-stable (it uses epoll), OpenSSL 1.1.1s 1 Nov 2022
Linked modules: dns64 ipset respip validator iterator
TCP Fastopen feature available

BSD licensed, see LICENSE in source package for details.
Report bugs to unbound-bugs@nlnetlabs.nl or https://github.com/NLnetLabs/unbound/issues

OK, done. Some packages are upgraded as well. Mainly CVE fixing.

Voxel.
Thanx again,

It is working:
* Connection #1 to host xx.xx.xxxx left intact
* a DOH request is completed, 0 to go
* DOH Host name: www.google.com
* TTL: 300 seconds
* DOH A: 142.251.208.164
* DOH AAAA: 2a00:1450:400d:0808:0000:0000:0000:2004
* Trying 142.251.208.164:443...
* Connected to www.google.com (142.251.208.164) port 443 (#0)
* ALPN, offering h2
* ALPN, offering http/1.1

/opt/sbin/unbound -V
Version 1.17.1

Configure line: --target=arm-openwrt-linux --host=arm-openwrt-linux --build=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu --program-prefix= --program-suffix= --prefix=/opt --exec-prefix=/opt --bindir=/opt/bin --sbindir=/opt/sbin --libexecdir=/opt/lib --sysconfdir=/opt/etc --datadir=/opt/share --localstatedir=/opt/var --mandir=/opt/man --infodir=/opt/info --disable-dsa --disable-gost --enable-allsymbols --enable-ecdsa --enable-tfo-client --enable-tfo-server --with-libexpat=/home/voxel/Entware/staging_dir/target-arm_cortex-a15_glibc-2.27_eabi/opt --with-ssl=/home/voxel/Entware/staging_dir/target-arm_cortex-a15_glibc-2.27_eabi/opt --with-user=unbound --with-run-dir=/opt/var/lib/unbound --with-conf-file=/opt/var/lib/unbound/unbound.conf --with-pidfile=/opt/var/run/unbound.pid --enable-ipset --with-libmnl=/home/voxel/Entware/staging_dir/target-arm_cortex-a15_glibc-2.27_eabi/opt --enable-event-api --with-libevent=/home/voxel/Entware/staging_dir/target-arm_cortex-a15_glibc-2.27_eabi/opt --with-libnghttp2=/home/voxel/Entware/staging_dir/target-arm_cortex-a15_glibc-2.27_eabi/opt --with-pthreads
Linked libs: pluggable-libevent 2.1.12-stable (it uses epoll), OpenSSL 1.1.1t 7 Feb 2023
Linked modules: dns64 ipset respip validator iterator
TCP Fastopen feature available

BSD licensed, see LICENSE in source package for details.
Report bugs to unbound-bugs@nlnetlabs.nl or https://github.com/NLnetLabs/unbound/issues

Hope you are well!

Info for Entware users: my version of Entware is upgraded.

In most cases, it is sufficient to execute the commands:

Code:
/opt/bin/opkg update
/opt/bin/opkg upgrade

to upgrade your version. But it is recommended to reinstall your unupdated packages by first making a backup of your settings.

Reason: update of OpenSSL (v1.1.1->v3.0.10) and update of binutils (2.39->2.41) used to build packages, more compact codes. Plus additional GCC compiler optimization flags are used.

Voxel.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!