What's new

Ethernet Port Labels Change When Dual Wan enabled

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

drkCrix

New Around Here
Good evening,

Just started using Merlin on my RT-AX86U and I noticed something odd. When I don't have Dual Wan enabled, the Ethernet Port Status is correct, Wan - 1 Gbps, Lan 1 - 1 Gbps, Lan 2 - 1Gbps Lan 3 and 4 are empty and Lan 5 - 2.5Gbps

When I enable Dual wan the 2.5Gbps port moves to Lan 4, Lan 5 show 100 Mbps and Lan 2 shows disconnected.

I have tried 386.2_6 and 386.3_Beta3 and both show this behavior. If I flash back to the stock Asus firmware it shows as intended.

Is there anything I need to do in order to fix this issue?

Cheers,

Chris

I'm a few months behind them in terms of code, so if it's something they fixed over the past few months, we will just have to wait for the fix to trickle down my way.

Good evening,

Just started using Merlin on my RT-AX86U and I noticed something odd. When I don't have Dual Wan enabled, the Ethernet Port Status is correct, Wan - 1 Gbps, Lan 1 - 1 Gbps, Lan 2 - 1Gbps Lan 3 and 4 are empty and Lan 5 - 2.5Gbps

When I enable Dual wan the 2.5Gbps port moves to Lan 4, Lan 5 show 100 Mbps and Lan 2 shows disconnected.

I have tried 386.2_6 and 386.3_Beta3 and both show this behavior. If I flash back to the stock Asus firmware it shows as intended.

Cheers,

Chris
PORT 1 is the gaming port fyi

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!