What's new

FAANG companys

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

johndoe85

Since the FAANG-companys are blocking and purging people, including the president of the United States of the America, they are showing off their tremendous power. And i want to see a security feature where i can block these companies within my router, fast and easy.
Maybe at several levels too, such as low, medium and high.
I'm really starting to get pissed off about these totalitarians. And i find it a threat to my own security and freedom, not just for myself but for all. Something gotta be done.

The FAANG companies are Facebook, Apple, Amazon, Netflix, Google. And Twitter.

So, since im such a noob myself i cannot do this myself, hence i come begging on this forum.
Someone out there who has the knowhow and interest in this, please provide an addon for the Asus-MERLiN Firmware so i can fight back to these monsters.

Best Regards
Johndoe

Diversion how? I have medium setting (can't use high or the CPU cores reach 100% on RT-AC66U-B1)
Do i need some special blocklist for this or what?

If you really intend to divest yourself of FAANG then you might as well turn off your internet connection. They have such a strangle hold on the internet it almost impossible to get around them.

Yes i know, but you gotta start somewhere, right? The rest is up to the politicians, but to give up freely is not my cup of tea. And yes, i have conciderd going disconnected for the rest of my life.

Ok, does this skynet have premade list for this matter? Or do i have to create my own?

Skynet and Diversion make a very robust solution to block a lot of bad stuff.

Ok, but is it default? Do i need a certain setting for this? Do i need to import something?
The program itself does not tell me this information, sadly.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!