What's new

Fallback roter hardware setup

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Nas.CloudBusinessPortal

Regular Contributor
With wan fallover…

I have my rt-ax88u pro currectly set up to use LAN 2 for the fall-back.

Can anyone suggest the best method/way to connect a LTE modem to my lan.

Will the rt-ax88u pro reconfigure thr ip to the gateway?

How does this work specifically.

In in canada with rogers.

Test your luck with Ethernet or USB, whatever connection your LTE modem has. It may or may not work reliably though. Asuswrt has long term issues with fail over/back reliability. Multiple threads around suggesting business routers and custom scripts as possible solutions. Examples below.

Test your luck with Ethernet or USB, whatever connection your LTE modem has. It may or may not work reliably though. Asuswrt has long term issues with fail over/back reliability. Multiple threads around suggesting business routers and custom scripts as possible solutions. Examples below.

Thank you but i have already seen these posts.
There is no mention of any hardware.

Thank you but i have already seen these posts.
There is no mention of any hardware.

Plug your LTE modem into the Asus, enable dual WAN, test it out, see how it works.

The router should get an IP, gateway, etc from each ISP and it will set a lower priority/higher cost on the secondary one. Or you can set it up in load balance mode and have some devices use each (probably not what you want with LTE backup though).

The issue is that it seems sometimes it does not fail over (or back) automatically, hence people developing scripts to check each connection and force it to fail over/back.

Or maybe your particular model has solved that issue and it will work perfectly fine on its own. It is one of the newest ones.

If it doesn't work, take a picture of your settings on your screen and post them so we can review.