What's new

[Feature Request] Possibility of adding SSH client functionality in the Web UI.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Asad Ali

Very Senior Member
Hey, @RMerlin I have a feature request if and whenever you deem it worthy for your time and efforts.

Will it be possible to add a Web-based SSH client in the Web UI? like on a dedicated page/tab so one can interface with the CLI directly from within the Web UI and without relying on an external SSH client.
And now since we have "amtm" built-in the firmware, a native SSH client will make it even easier in managing and installing external scripts all from within the Web UI.

Will it be possible to add a Web-based SSH client in the Web UI?

No. For starter, the httpd server is not designed for that kind of interaction.

Even Windows ships with an SSH client now, so I don't see the point in it.

Hey, @RMerlin I have a feature request if and whenever you deem it worthy for your time and efforts.

Will it be possible to add a Web-based SSH client in the Web UI? like on a dedicated page/tab so one can interface with the CLI directly from within the Web UI and without relying on an external SSH client.
And now since we have "amtm" built-in the firmware, a native SSH client will make it even easier in managing and installing external scripts all from within the Web UI.

In the past Merlin's FW had such/similar functionality. We were able to exececute shell commands from within the WebGUI. But it was removed because of security concerns. Security is a priority :)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!