What's new

Finally got merlin FW to work on DSL-AC68U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@GNUton ... you more than rock!! Did dirty flash from stock firmware GPL_DSL_AC68U_v300438421128 on DSL-AC68U to your DSL-AC68U_384.10_gnuton5_DSL_1.0.4.7 adapted Merlin-Ware and ***POW*** rock steady, stable and ZERO glitches. Only needed to reset the Guest wifi settings as expected with the Merlin-Ware changes. Everything else just works! Left for an hour or so - then webgui reboot - clean restart, stable and quicker than stock.

Was not expecting that level of perfection and fully anticipated having to apply @L&LD 's memorable M&M Config procedures.
Kudos to @RMerlin for his 384.10-2 - the foundation of your compile ... one :D camper.

PS - if you do start a new thread as suggested by the Maestro - please include a link to it in this one.

@GNUton ... you more than rock!! Did dirty flash from stock firmware GPL_DSL_AC68U_v300438421128 on DSL-AC68U to your DSL-AC68U_384.10_gnuton5_DSL_1.0.4.7 adapted Merlin-Ware and ***POW*** rock steady, stable and ZERO glitches. Only needed to reset the Guest wifi settings as expected with the Merlin-Ware changes. Everything else just works! Left for an hour or so - then webgui reboot - clean restart, stable and quicker than stock.

Was not expecting that level of perfection and fully anticipated having to apply @L&LD 's memorable M&M Config procedures.
Kudos to @RMerlin for his 384.10-2 - the foundation of your compile ... one :D camper.

PS - if you do start a new thread as suggested by the Maestro - please include a link to it in this one.
Here it is
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/asuswrt-merlin-builds-for-dsl-routers.55985/

Oh hey everyone, it's been a long time. Glad to see other people are actively supporting DSL builds now. I will probably continue by downloading other people's builds :p I have never upgraded my version since the first post, although I had no issues so far, I can give it a try.

Hi,
The USB not working on my dsl-ac68u and my HDD not detected is there a solution for this ?
Thanks

Hi,
The USB not working on my dsl-ac68u and my HDD not detected is there a solution for this ?
Thanks

What firmware are you using?

I 've just restored it to the factory firmware and I have the same problem, do you think that it is a hardware problem?

I 've just restored it to the factory firmware and I have the same problem, do you think that it is a hardware problem?

Again, you're in the wrong thread. See my post 107 above with the thread you should be using. :)

Locking this to avoid duplicating discussions. Please us this thread for further discussions of Gnuton's fork.

Status
Not open for further replies.