What's new

Flex qos without trend micro

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Fingwo

New Around Here
Due to some bufferbloat issues on our network , I want to use Flex Qos to prioritize devices that need low latency the most (gaming/work). However, not everyone on the network is comfortable with the idea of sharing data to trend micro (we are stuck using an ASUS router). I don't have a lot of networking experience, and this is the only feature I anticipate needing to set up. What third party program would be the simplest to set up? It seems like merlin still requires data sharing, and open WRT seems intended for advanced users. Is open WRT the best option, or is there another (easier) way?

Depending what your ISP speeds are, and what router you own, you could just use CAKE.

You’re probably overthinking the Trend Micro data sharing, specific to Adaptive QoS. They don’t collect all your internet traffic from QoS.

to prioritize devices

You can also use Traditional QoS for device prioritizing. It doesn't need Trend Micro engine.

Depending what your ISP speeds are, and what router you own, you could just use CAKE.

You’re probably overthinking the Trend Micro data sharing, specific to Adaptive QoS. They don’t collect all your internet traffic from QoS.
You can also use Traditional QoS for device prioritizing. It doesn't need Trend Micro engine.
Thanks! I'll look into both of those things.
I should've said before, but I'm using a ASUS AX6000 and the speed I get from a wired connection is 500 down/10 up.

GT-AX6000 or TUF-AX6000?

Amazon links transfer to local stores. Without exact router model we can't help you.

Why don't you just look at the GUI, main page? The model number is right there.

With 8 ports, that is an RT-AX88U.