What's new

FlexQoS FlexQoS 1.2.4 - Flexible QoS Enhancement Script for Adaptive QoS

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Translator added unnecessary spaces. See original post again.

EDIT: Not necessary. Traditional QoS is certainly broke in 386.1 based on the output you’ve shown. There is no upload control being applied anymore (no classes 1:10 - 1:40 on the WAN interface). It looks like a code merge issue with ASUS GPL 41700, but it doesn’t deter my plans. But remember that Traditional QoS is not properly limiting upload anymore when comparing results with FlexQoS.
From how I read the upload is not managed by the QoS.
From noob I can only point out that at present (speaking of multiplayer) hit markers work 100% ......... I've never played so well.
Thanks again for your work.
P.s. I am always available for testing.

From how I read the upload is not managed by the QoS.
From noob I can only point out that at present (speaking of multiplayer) hit markers work 100% ......... I've never played so well.
Thanks again for your work.
P.s. I am always available for testing.
I pushed an update to the develop branch that will adjust the target and interval parameters of fq_codel for slow links (below 2.5 Mbit). I haven't changed any cburst values yet, since I want to see if this has any effect first.

I pushed an update to the develop branch that will adjust the target and interval parameters of fq_codel for slow links (below 2.5 Mbit). I haven't changed any cburst values yet, since I want to see if this has any effect first.
If we're running the developer script already, do you simply input "flexqos develop" to update? Thanks

Upload has gotten worse since the last fix .... it was better before.
Download was perfect before, now a bit has gotten worse (maybe network congestion)

Attachments

• nuovo.jpg
    nuovo.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 89
  • nuovo2.jpg
    nuovo2.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
Upload has gotten worse since the last fix .... it was better before.
Download was perfect before, now a bit has gotten worse (maybe network congestion)
Please post the output of tc -s qdisc ls if you haven't reset anything yet.

In theory it does. @chris.at has a dual-WAN setup I believe.
Yes, I use dual-wan and yes, FlexQoS works with it. :) You can change your bandwidth using the wan-event script. When wan changes the script is triggered with 2 parameters: The wan-if number (0 for eth and 1 for usb) and the event (connected/disconnected) so you can use it to set the corresponding bandwidth for dsl and usb respectively like this:
nvram set qos_ibw=91238
nvram set qos_obw=20275
service "restart_qos;restart_firewall"

But sometimes the script gets triggerd by my usb lte stick resetting itself and so you end up on dsl with usb limits. In my setup it was set to 90/20 for dsl and 10/1 for usb so you can imagine that it's not funny when you run on dsl with usb limits. As usb is only used as failover when dsl resyncs I no longer change the bandwidth values and let these minutes within a month run without perfect qos now. But if your stick is stable go for it.

Hey @dave14305 I'm seeing this in my system log when QOS starts.
Code:
Feb 28 15:08:35 RT-AX88U-E770 FlexQoS: Bandwidth too low for custom rates. Skipping.
It doesn't interfere with operation that I can tell. I have the bandwidth set as automatic because bufferbloat scores are way better than setting manual limits. I have 60/30 FTTH.

Hey @dave14305 I'm seeing this in my system log when QOS starts.
Code:
Feb 28 15:08:35 RT-AX88U-E770 FlexQoS: Bandwidth too low for custom rates. Skipping.
It doesn't interfere with operation that I can tell. I have the bandwidth set as automatic because bufferbloat scores are way better than setting manual limits. I have 60/30 FTTH.
This was a remnant of the FreshJR script to only apply custom rates when the bandwidth was greater than 500 kbps. I don't know the math behind 500 kbps, but it gets triggered when Automatic bandwidth is enabled (both values are zero).

It will be cleaned up in the next version.

This was a remnant of the FreshJR script to only apply custom rates when the bandwidth was greater than 500 kbps. I don't know the math behind 500 kbps, but it gets triggered when Automatic bandwidth is enabled (both values are zero).

It will be cleaned up in the next version.
build ddbed0b - performance about the same for me. rt-ac68u fiber 68/68 manual 44 overhead no atm.

*i've never used auto bandwidth to begin with so have never seen the custom rates log

@dave14305 May I ask what your preference is for the Router Outbound Traffic Class? I currently have it set as the default File Downloads.

Thank you.

Is there a way to classify Google Backup and Sync as File Transfer? It seems like it's getting designated as Web Browsing and supplanting other web traffic when large files are being uploaded (i.e. unable to access other websites while upload occurs). Gaming clients seem to be unaffected (higher priority in my QoS settings), but normal web access is being thwarted.

If I stop the backup (or limit the max upload in the Backup and Sync app), other clients can access the internet just fine.

Is something wrong my adaptive QoS? I don't see the "Wan Packet Overhead" option. The other QoS Types have the overhead option.

1614660146751.png

1614660164601.png

I'm running the AX86U on 386.1_2

I apologize if this has been covered already.

Is there a way to classify Google Backup and Sync as File Transfer? It seems like it's getting designated as Web Browsing and supplanting other web traffic when large files are being uploaded (i.e. unable to access other websites while upload occurs). Gaming clients seem to be unaffected (higher priority in my QoS settings), but normal web access is being thwarted.

If I stop the backup (or limit the max upload in the Backup and Sync app), other clients can access the internet just fine.
Are you running with fq_codel enabled? I imagine Google is using the same IPs and port 443 which would make it hard to come up with a rule for it.

Your best option is to limit the upload in the app.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!