What's new

FlexQoS FlexQoS 1.2.4 - Flexible QoS Enhancement Script for Adaptive QoS

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hi Dave if you don't mind me asking is it possible in a future update to allow us to switch between dev and stable form the GUI?

Or is that too much of a silly idea and I should go back to the darkness form which I came.

just wanted to know if the bandwith montior priority settings are still broken? So let all to be default ?

@Jack Yaz, I knew that would be the main reason against it, but it was worth a try.

Total rookie on flexQOS

I'm getting this is the System Log approx. every 5 minutes

Jan 18 12:18:00 FlexQoS: /jffs/addons/flexqos/flexqos.sh (pid=16740) called in unattended mode with 1 args: -check
Jan 18 12:18:00 FlexQoS: iptables rules already present
Jan 18 12:18:01 FlexQoS: Applying AppDB rules and TC rates
Jan 18 12:18:01 FlexQoS: ERROR! Check /tmp/flexqos_tcrules.log

/tmp/flexqos_tcrules.log shows

Unknown filter "flowid", hence option "1:16" is unparsable
Command failed /tmp/flexqos_tcrules:18
Unknown filter "flowid", hence option "1:15" is unparsable
Command failed /tmp/flexqos_tcrules:34

/tmp/flexqos_tcrules is attached

I haven't set up any custom rules. This error seems to come up much more often when the guest network is enabled. Just started using the guest network recently as we have guests now :). I don't remember seeing that entry in the system log before we started using the guest network.

Anything to worry about here?
This is interesting. Please post the output of flexqos debug and tc filter show dev eth0
One of your appdb rules is not correctly finding the existing filter handle correctly.

Hi Dave if you don't mind me asking is it possible in a future update to allow us to switch between dev and stable form the GUI?
I might consider an option to switch from develop to stable via the GUI, since it's moving a user toward a safer, more stable release. Switching to develop is a risky proposition, and beyond many users' appetites for risk, so the inconvenience of having to switch at the command line is a safety feature.

I might consider an option to switch from develop to stable via the GUI, since it's moving a user toward a safer, more stable release. Switching to develop is a risky proposition, and beyond many users' appetites for risk, so the inconvenience of having to switch at the command line is a safety feature.
I move users back automatically by leaving the "branch" variable set as "master" on my develop branch when I'm ready to merge things. The branches will usually sit equal until I start development on the script again when I'll reset it to develop.

I guess If it came with a experimental features may break things warning, use at your own risk.

"With the game in mind"
I don't know much about internet protocols, but:
Don't you think it's insane to prioritize a console (besides all, all traffic) at the "Net control Packets" level like "Gear Accelerator" does?
Thanks.

Dave, I’ve not managed to replicate the issue I had earlier this week although I’ve been busy with work this week so haven’t had much chance to test, but will be over the next couple of days. What’s the best way to compare stats between stable/develop branches rather than just the ‘feel’ for it? Any advice on what kind of things to look out for?

I'm also a fan of dev branch fq codel!

My speed is 100/5 but between 19:00-00:00 it's 25/5. That's why I'm using automatic BW mode and even with this settings I got all "A" via dslreports doesn't matter what time it is.

Thank you and great work!!!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!