What's new

FlexQoS FlexQoS 1.2.4 - Flexible QoS Enhancement Script for Adaptive QoS

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

This is very unusual that Gaming is the top priority over Net Control packets. What priority scheme have you selected on the QoS page?
Video/Audio streaming, Gaming, Work from Home, Others, Web, File Transfering, and then Learn from Home. I have it customize.

Where in the debug file do you see that? Just trying to learn - Thanks

Last edited:
Video/Audio streaming, Gaming, Work from Home, Others, Web, File Transfering, and then Learn from Home. I have it customize.

Where in the debug file do you see that? Just trying to learn - Thanks
Please post the output of these 2 commands:
Code:
cat /tmp/bwdpi/qosd.conf
nvram get bwdpi_app_rulelist
The priorities reflect in the 1:10 through 1:17. 1:10 is always Net Control, so your settings must be corrupt somewhere. The above commands will shed light on the issue.

Please post the output of these 2 commands:
Code:
cat /tmp/bwdpi/qosd.conf
nvram get bwdpi_app_rulelist
The priorities reflect in the 1:10 through 1:17. 1:10 is always Net Control, so your settings must be corrupt somewhere. The above commands will shed light on the issue.
ceil_down=56704.000kbps
ceil_up=2359.000kbps
[0, 5%]
rule=18
rule=19
rule=8
[1, 20%]
rule=9
rule=20
[2, 10%]
rule=4
[3, 5%]
rule=0
rule=5
rule=6
rule=15
rule=17
[4, 4%]
rule=28
rule=29
rule=30
rule=31
rule=32
rule=33
rule=34
rule=35
rule=36
rule=37
rule=38
rule=39
rule=40
rule=41
rule=42
rule=43
rule=7
rule=10
rule=11
rule=21
rule=23
[5, 3%]
rule=12
rule=13
rule=24
[6, 2%]
rule=1
rule=3
rule=14
[7, 1%]
rule=4
rule=13
{0}
{1}
mac=40:8D:5C:5E:8C:D2
mac=1C:98:C1:68:0E:9A
mac=E8:D8:19:68:F2:C3
mac=04:D9:F5:7F:37:9A
{2}
fam=1
fam=2
fam=3
fam=4
fam=5
fam=6
fam=7
fam=8
{3}
fam=na
{4}

9,20<4<8<0,5,6,15,17<7,10,11,21,23<13,24<1,3,14<4,13<customize

ceil_down=56704.000kbps
ceil_up=2359.000kbps
[0, 5%]
rule=18
rule=19
rule=8
[1, 20%]
rule=9
rule=20
[2, 10%]
rule=4
[3, 5%]
rule=0
rule=5
rule=6
rule=15
rule=17
[4, 4%]
rule=28
rule=29
rule=30
rule=31
rule=32
rule=33
rule=34
rule=35
rule=36
rule=37
rule=38
rule=39
rule=40
rule=41
rule=42
rule=43
rule=7
rule=10
rule=11
rule=21
rule=23
[5, 3%]
rule=12
rule=13
rule=24
[6, 2%]
rule=1
rule=3
rule=14
[7, 1%]
rule=4
rule=13
{0}
{1}
mac=40:8D:5C:5E:8C:D2
mac=1C:98:C1:68:0E:9A
mac=E8:D8:19:68:F2:C3
mac=04:D9:F5:7F:37:9A
{2}
fam=1
fam=2
fam=3
fam=4
fam=5
fam=6
fam=7
fam=8
{3}
fam=na
{4}

9,20<4<8<0,5,6,15,17<7,10,11,21,23<13,24<1,3,14<4,13<customize
I don't know how to reconcile what I see. nvram looks correct, but the qosd.conf is mixing gaming with Net Control. Do you have any gaming-specific features enabled on your router?

I don't know how to reconcile what I see. nvram looks correct, but the qosd.conf is mixing gaming with Net Control. Do you have any gaming-specific features enabled on your router?

Yes - I do have Game Device Prioritizing on(for the PS4, PS5 and 2 computers) and open nat port forwarding enable with two (2) game profiles dota and call of duty for the kids.

Yes - I do have Game Device Prioritizing on(for the PS4, PS5 and 2 computers) and open nat port forwarding enable with two (2) game profiles dota and call of duty for the kids.
I think what you see with the Rokus is a cosmetic issue only. Streaming is indeed the 3rd priority, based on the output of the qosd.conf file. But in the GUI, the nvram variable thinks it's the second priority, so the labels in the GUI charts are wrong. I don't know of another way to get this information through the WebUI, so it's not likely to be fixed in the short-term. My code has drifted quite a bit from Merlin's, but are the category labels and order the same in the Classification pie charts as they are on the FlexQoS page?

Can you post the contents of nvram get bwdpi_game_list

I think what you see with the Rokus is a cosmetic issue only. Streaming is indeed the 3rd priority, based on the output of the qosd.conf file. But in the GUI, the nvram variable thinks it's the second priority, so the labels in the GUI charts are wrong. I don't know of another way to get this information through the WebUI, so it's not likely to be fixed in the short-term. My code has drifted quite a bit from Merlin's, but are the category labels and order the same in the Classification pie charts as they are on the FlexQoS page?

Can you post the contents of nvram get bwdpi_game_list
Classification tab
1614092836785.png

1614092957414.png

<40:8D:5C:5E:8C:D2<1C:98:C1:68:0E:9A<E8:D8:19:68:F2:C3<04:D9:F5:7F:37:9A

In the qos - I have streaming as the highest priority why is it set at 3rd?

Last edited:
In the qos - I have streaming as the highest priority why is it set at 3rd?
Because the Game Device prioritization interferes behind the scenes with how QoS gets setup. It's 3rd because Adaptive QoS is overriding the Gaming priority as priority 0 due to your Gaming device priority. Everything else seems to get bumped down one level under the covers. But the settings that the UI reads to draw the priorities isn't aware of this sleight-of-hand by the Gaming features, so assumes that what is in the saved settings is what it should be.

Net Control Packets is always (normally) supposed to be the top priority, and this is not customizable in the QoS settings. So your "top" priority in the Customize popup will at best be the second priority underneath Net Control Packets.

ASUS doesn't offer any visualization of this data in stock firmware, so I guess it was never a concern to them. I was able to duplicate the behavior by adding a device to the Game Device Prioritizing list, so I will have to think about if there's a reasonable way to account for this mischief. In the meantime, you may want to remove the devices from that list if it's too confusing.

Because the Game Device prioritization interferes behind the scenes with how QoS gets setup. It's 3rd because Adaptive QoS is overriding the Gaming priority as priority 0 due to your Gaming device priority. Everything else seems to get bumped down one level under the covers. But the settings that the UI reads to draw the priorities isn't aware of this sleight-of-hand by the Gaming features, so assumes that what is in the saved settings is what it should be.

Net Control Packets is always (normally) supposed to be the top priority, and this is not customizable in the QoS settings. So your "top" priority in the Customize popup will at best be the second priority underneath Net Control Packets.

ASUS doesn't offer any visualization of this data in stock firmware, so I guess it was never a concern to them. I was able to duplicate the behavior by adding a device to the Game Device Prioritizing list, so I will have to think about if there's a reasonable way to account for this mischief. In the meantime, you may want to remove the devices from that list if it's too confusing.
Ok thanks - I will remove them and see what happens. Should I also remove the Iptables rule for the roku?

I really appreicate the help!!!! - Hopefully my issue will help you and others out with Flex.

Makes sense.
I was getting weird results too but gaming wasn't degraded or improved....or at least i think not.
Gonna test.

Any way of being able to adjust burst rates Dave?

I think fifa may be heavily affected if too high...

A nice idea for the future. There is a backup function via the command line menu, but it doesn't work well for trying to edit the rules.

Untracked traffic is already sent to Others as part of the default AppDB rules. But it will still be called "Untracked" since there is no other logical name for it.

Am I correct that you can move the rule as long as you move the associated ip table name to the same place in the order? Although not familiar with this format I'm a retired mainframe programmer and it looks like some cut/paste could work but I might be missing something. I'll have to pay attention to the CLI...I assumed all CLI commands were available in the gui.

Am I correct that you can move the rule as long as you move the associated ip table name to the same place in the order? Although not familiar with this format I'm a retired mainframe programmer and it looks like some cut/paste could work but I might be missing something. I'll have to pay attention to the CLI...I assumed all CLI commands were available in the gui.
Yes, the two variables (rules and names) must remain in sync.

Any way of being able to adjust burst rates Dave?

I think fifa may be heavily affected if too high...
burst is already 10% of what it used to be under stock Adaptive QoS. What kind of values do you want to use?

Dunno. Was hoping to test with many different figures.
You can experiment manually by copying the tc commands from /tmp/flexqos_tcrules.
Code:
grep ^class /tmp/flexqos_tcrules
Add tc before each line and change the burst or cburst value to whatever you like. If you mess it up, just run flexqos restart.

Net Control : 1:10
Work-From-Home: 1:13
Gaming : 1:12
Others : 1:14
Web Surfing : 1:15
Streaming : 1:11
File Downloads: 1:16
Game Downloads: 1:17

Just to follow-up - I deleted the gaming stuff and now the graph's are showing correctly with the streaming devices. The debug shows above what changed from the start. The Net Control is back to the top and everything else falls in order per my qos tab. Just out of curiosity why doesn't it show them in order. I have seen other posts with them in order. Is this a concern? or is there a way to get them in order based on 1:10 : 1.11 and so on?

Just out of curiosity why doesn't it show them in order. I have seen other posts with them in order. Is this a concern? or is there a way to get them in order based on 1:10 : 1.11 and so on?
Because in the script, it's easier to determine what priority is assigned to a category than to determine which category is assigned to a priority. The Debug output has never shown them to be in order of the user's preference, unless by sheer coincidence the user set their priorities in the same order as the Debug list.

Net Control : 1:10
Work-From-Home: 1:13
Gaming : 1:12
Others : 1:14
Web Surfing : 1:15
Streaming : 1:11
File Downloads: 1:16
Game Downloads: 1:17

Just to follow-up - I deleted the gaming stuff and now the graph's are showing correctly with the streaming devices. The debug shows above what changed from the start. The Net Control is back to the top and everything else falls in order per my qos tab. Just out of curiosity why doesn't it show them in order. I have seen other posts with them in order. Is this a concern? or is there a way to get them in order based on 1:10 : 1.11 and so on?
Gaming 1:12 ?

Not sure what you are asking - I am new to this. Gaming is set to the 2nd highest priority in the qos customize tab.
There is something wrong in your config:
How you say "Gaming is set to the 2nd highest priority in the qos customize tab." =1:11 in your config is 1:12

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!