What's new

FlexQoS FlexQoS 1.2.4 - Flexible QoS Enhancement Script for Adaptive QoS

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Forgive me for even suggesting it but are you testing for bufferbloat while connected to a VPN? I felt very stupid after realising I was doing that with ExpressVPN. My DSLreports bufferbloat rating was stuck on C no matter what I did with QoS. With the VPN disconnected and the rating became A. Not my best moment!
Ooooh good suggestion!
That’s normally the sort of thing I would do too! However, I checked and I’m not connected to any VPN currently.

Forgive me for even suggesting it but are you testing for bufferbloat while connected to a VPN? I felt very stupid after realising I was doing that with ExpressVPN. My DSLreports bufferbloat rating was stuck on C no matter what I did with QoS. With the VPN disconnected and the rating became A. Not my best moment!
Why would VPNs screw with bufferbloat?

Is there anything you can do to avoid the VPN screwing with bufferbloat?

Why would VPNs screw with bufferbloat?

Is there anything you can do to avoid the VPN screwing with bufferbloat?
I believe VPNs introduce latency and some providers are better at reducing it. I don't know how to avoid ExpressVPN affecting bufferbloat but perhaps someone here can offer some advice or correct me.

I wonder can anyone help me?
I have a 500 down 100 up connections connected through 5ghz wifi, I'm experiencing ping spikes whenever someone downloading 150mbps+ on other pc (have no issues when anyone is using full 100mbps bandwidth on downloading). I wonder can FlexQOS help me getting stable ping even he is downloading? Maybe teach me how to configure it as I installed FlexQos. Sorry for the question as it sounds stupid but i have no knowledge on how to use this.

If the Wi-Fi network isn't stable when it is stressed, try using/testing a different Wi-Fi control Channel and/or different channel Bandwidth settings.

Hey @dave14305,

For some reason when I do the speed test via Internet Speed tab in QoS, the download speed is not limited via the bandwidth setting in QoS configuration but the upload speed is. I tried playing with different values, switching between QoS mode (fq_codel, Asus) but to no avail. Upload speed seems to be controlled by that limit but not download in all cases.

Is that normal?

Another thing I noticed is with QoS on, the speed test in PS5 is consistently in the 200s MB/s, with QoS off it is in the 500s...

Hey @dave14305,

For some reason when I do the speed test via Internet Speed tab in QoS, the download speed is not limited via the bandwidth setting in QoS configuration but the upload speed is. I tried playing with different values, switching between QoS mode (fq_codel, Asus) but to no avail. Upload speed seems to be controlled by that limit but not download in all cases.

Is that normal?
Yes, this is normal because in Adaptive QoS, the download limiting is applied on the br0 LAN interface as download traffic exits the router to the LAN. When you run a speedtest on the router itself, the traffic does not go out to the LAN, so there is no download limiting.

Upload limiting happens on the router WAN interface, so a router speedtest would indeed be subjected to Upload limiting.

is flexqos working on updates just for interests ?

is flexqos working on updates just for interests ?
Not much happening at the moment. Been very busy at work, and little time to think about what’s next.

What ideas would you suggest for FlexQoS?

What ideas would you suggest for FlexQoS?

Since you asked :D
Ability to set guest network priority just like VPN..
For example set guest network #1 to web surfing or something so that a video stream in Guest network does not compete with video stream in main network. Or Just on/off switch to include or exclude guest networks from Adaptive QoS (Seems this might not be as straightforward).

Hi @dave14305

Just a question regarding the WAN packet overhead.

My Asus router is connected to the ISP router via ethernet, Asus WAN port <=====> ISP LAN port. I have added my Asus router to the DMZ of the ISP router. The ISP router connects to ISP with VDSL, the Traffic Type is PTM, and the Network Type is MER.

Would the WAN packet overhead be Ethernet with VLAN as FlexQOS only cares about the WAN on the Asus, not how the ISP router connects to internet? Or as the ISP router and connection is the limit on the speed, would I use VDSL2 Bridged PTM?

Thanks

Last edited:
maybe that the bandwith priority settings gets to work or other implementations like that, to sepcific one device and the rest get lower bandwith settings ^^

Hi @dave14305

I believe the following iptables rule is "default / stock" for FlexQoS, but I don't know what it's referring to (whereas I think I've been able to determine the purpose of all the other stock iptables rules).

Do you know what this rule below is for? Thanks!

NameLocal IPRemote IPProtoLocal PortRemote PortMarkClassDelete
Rule 4TCP80,44308****Learn-From-Home

Hi @dave14305

I believe the following iptables rule is "default / stock" for FlexQoS, but I don't know what it's referring to (whereas I think I've been able to determine the purpose of all the other stock iptables rules).

Do you know what this rule below is for? Thanks!

NameLocal IPRemote IPProtoLocal PortRemote PortMarkClassDelete
Rule 4TCP80,44308****Learn-From-Home
That’s the old Game Downloads rule.

:rolleyes: You didn’t really ask anything. You made a wish. No other Plex/Emby users replied.
Here's a Plex user replying. It's not properly identified in current FlexQoS! I'd love for this to be fixed/added!

Edit: Plex traffic is currently identified as Web traffic, even though I've added it as Streaming:
1621645742785.png

Hello

I have vdsl2 vectoring with pppoe ptm, so when i set wan pacjet overhead for bridged pppoe vdsl 2 ptm is shows me the mode normal? Is this correct?

Hello

I have vdsl2 vectoring with pppoe ptm, so when i set wan pacjet overhead for bridged pppoe vdsl 2 ptm is shows me the mode normal? Is this correct?
Only CAKE will accept ptm for overhead, so it doesn’t make a difference for fq_codel. Where do you see “normal” if you’re using FlexQoS?

Here's a Plex user replying. It's not properly identified in current FlexQoS! I'd love for this to be fixed/added!

Edit: Plex traffic is currently identified as Web traffic, even though I've added it as Streaming:
View attachment 33965
What does some example Plex connection look like in Tracked Connections?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!