What's new

FlexQoS FlexQoS / Adaptive QoS + Gaming (Best settings)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xrsenal

Hey everyone. Snb doesn’t have a ton of information out there but I figured I’d share my thoughts ; if anyone has any tweaks or slight modifications I can make, feel free.

-install flex QoS

-choose the games priority

-if you have symmetrical fiber, just input 1000/1000 Bc you probably don’t have bufferbloat.

This is a very important step,
The newer gen consoles and PCs and probably even Ps4/ XB1s are NOT covered under games. They are NOT. They will be in the “Others or Untracked” connections section.

So we have to created a port range under the gaming rule to classify those packets as “Gaming” so that way when you select gaming under adaptive, your console/pc actually Gets those things prioritizes. You cannot just download flex and click games and expect it to work. That will not be ideal nor will it be optimal.

For cod, I am still testing port ranges on what you want prioritized but I know Netduma port ranges for their traffic prio is

1024-65535
1024-65535
UDP

You could also try just using

1-65535
1-65535
TCPUDP

I haven’t tested a ton of port ranges but you’d want to try to filter out anything not game traffic if that makes sense.

fq_codel should already be on and conntrack flushing as well.

Hit apply, don’t worry about bandwidth as much. Leave those default.

Now at bottom where you can filter connection, find your gaming device and check each class on right hand side and ensure that’s it’s filling out mostly in gaming. Yes their might be 1-2 net control ports or 1-2 file transferring but that ok.

As long as 99% of the gaming traffic is under gaming, you’re good to go!!

feel free to catch me on any bs! Always here to learn. (This is the Ax86u w the latest 386 FW.) Ps5 and cat 8 cables

Great thread. I too have been trying to use Flex to get good gaming settings.

I've tried to replicate your setup but got lost when it came to setting the port range. Any chance you can provide screenshots on your setup>

Great thread. I too have been trying to use Flex to get good gaming settings.

I've tried to replicate your setup but got lost when it came to setting the port range. Any chance you can provide screenshots on your setup>
Hey man. Yes. Zero gamers on here. I’ll send a pic when I get home. Still testing though

I have a PS5 and Adaptive QoS definitely classified the traffic as gaming. Unless you have a network with a lot of traffic QoS isn’t speeding anything up. The packets are processed very efficiently by ASUS routers and there’s not much “speed” to gain. And I am a gamer, since the early 90s.

I have a PS5 and Adaptive QoS definitely classified the traffic as gaming. Unless you have a network with a lot of traffic QoS isn’t speeding anything up. The packets are processed very efficiently by ASUS routers and there’s not much “speed” to gain. And I am a gamer, since the early 90s.
I have 21 devices on network and gig Fios connection.

QoS and allocating bandwidth to gaming and using the game rule makes my game feels a ton better. My ping is always stable w QoS on or off. But it’s just a bandwidth issue for me.

I have 21 devices on network and gig Fios connection.

QoS and allocating bandwidth to gaming and using the game rule makes my game feels a ton better. My ping is always stable w QoS on or off. But it’s just a bandwidth issue for me.
If you are bandwidth constrained then QoS is your friend. I’d be surprised if you actually were using enough of that connection to matter, but it’s possible for sure. But I don’t think you need to be fiddling so much with it. Playing Call of Duty (on PC and PS5) all of my CoD traffic was already being classified as gaming.

If you are bandwidth constrained then QoS is your friend. I’d be surprised if you actually were using enough of that connection to matter, but it’s possible for sure. But I don’t think you need to be fiddling so much with it. Playing Call of Duty (on PC and PS5) all of my CoD traffic was already being classified as gaming.
Check your untracked connection also tons of ps packets.
Also something weird is happening hardware accel / udp timeouts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!