What's new

FlexQoS FlexQoS Multiple Gaming Devices? [AC88U]

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Background

Regular Contributor
Hi,

I've a ASUS AC88U running Merlin 386.2_beta3.

I've installed FlexQoS (as I believe CakeQoS is not available for my model). Now I've set up a "Gaming" rule as detailed in the GithUB Wiki. However, how do I set this up for multiple gaming devices? I.e: PC 2, Xbox, PS4 and PS5?

Each of these have a static IP (set under LAN > DHCP Server) as 192.168.1.xx but how do i add this to the iptables rules under the well known gaming rule do i do it in the format of using ";" such as IP;IP;IP?

Thanks.

Last edited:
You have to use CIDR notation, but first you have to have all your desired IPs within the range covered by the CIDR block.

You have to use CIDR notation, but first you have to have all your desired IPs within the range covered by the CIDR block.
I'm a bit of a noob - how does CIDR work exactly? They all have static IPs and end in .60, .63 and .64 via DHCP Server tab

CIDR Calculator for IPv4 addresses (networkcalculator.ca)

Pick the /xx value which will be enough to encompass all your devices. You may need to move them there first though, as @dave14305 indicates above.

So, for example, if you create a CIDR of 192.168.1.0/30, you can have two devices represented by it; 192.168.1.1 and 192.168.1.2.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!