What's new

FlexQoS Questions + Additional Addon Questions

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

SilentStorm

Regular Contributor
Hey everyone,

Hope you're all doing well and staying safe. Please excuse my lack of knowledge in this field, this is all new to me.

I've just went ahead and downloaded FlexQoS on my Asus ROG GT AC2900. It's actually done a pretty good job at eliminating some of the bufferbloat I had according to the DSL test. I went from an F to a B (in comparison from the Asus Adaptive QoS to the Flex Adaptive QoS.)

I'm currently hovering between a 70-90 ms bufferbloat for upload speeds in case anyone's wondering. I am fine download wise.

I'm still eager to hit that A-A+ mark, so I'm wondering if there's any recommended customization settings? Interested to hear what has helped others reach a high grade when it comes to bufferbloat.

Also, any other recommended add ons for this router? Not sure if there's a list of top add ons I can take a look at.

Also, I see something that says add well-known IPtable rules. Are these any good? I mostly use this router to game, so should I add the gaming one?

Once again, I appreciate any help I can get..

Last edited:
Use a lower value for the uploads in the Adaptive QoS settings to improve BB.

Don't change for changes' sake (i.e. no one can predict what will happen in your network environment).

Test and see which settings work best for you. That is what all the control dials are for. :)

Have a look at my signature below for the addons I find useful.

The link below is an effective way to find further information about amtm supported addons (but there are many more scripts that can be installed, such as CakeQOS, for example).

AMTM · RMerl/asuswrt-merlin.ng Wiki · GitHub

If you haven't already seen it, the following link may be of help too (note that 'installing' amtm is not needed since RMerlin firmware 384.15_0).

amtm Step-by-Step https://www.snbforums.com/threads/amtm-step-by-step-install-guide-l-ld.56237/#post-483421

Use a lower value for the uploads in the Adaptive QoS settings to improve BB.

Don't change for changes' sake (i.e. no one can predict what will happen in your network environment).

Test and see which settings work best for you. That is what all the control dials are for. :)

Have a look at my signature below for the addons I find useful.

The link below is an effective way to find further information about amtm supported addons (but there are many more scripts that can be installed, such as CakeQOS, for example).

AMTM · RMerl/asuswrt-merlin.ng Wiki · GitHub

If you haven't already seen it, the following link may be of help too (note that 'installing' amtm is not needed since RMerlin firmware 384.15_0).

amtm Step-by-Step https://www.snbforums.com/threads/amtm-step-by-step-install-guide-l-ld.56237/#post-483421
Really appreciate your reply.

Speaking of CakeQOS, does it work with my router? My router is an ASUS ROG GT AC2900. I've seen a few conflicting forums regarding what's compatible and what isn't.

See the link I provided for CakeQOS and ask further questions there. :)

Don't rely on old posts that may not be pertinent anymore. The scripts are actively maintained and can change from one week to the next.

As your model is in 'experimental' testing, and you were willing to be part of that experiment by installing RMerlin firmware, helping @ttgapers getting CakeQOS sorted on your model can only go a long way towards having it (and other GT models) here permanently.

Search is your friend, my friend. :)

For sure!!! I'll take a look. Thanks again for your help!

Also, on
See the link I provided for CakeQOS and ask further questions there. :)

Don't rely on old posts that may not be pertinent anymore. The scripts are actively maintained and can change from one week to the next.

As your model is in 'experimental' testing, and you were willing to be part of that experiment by installing RMerlin firmware, helping @ttgapers getting CakeQOS sorted on your model can only go a long way towards having it (and other GT models) here permanently.

Search is your friend, my friend. :)
Also, one last question. Where can I see your signature? Not seeing it. Sorry, I am new here.

If you're on a handheld/mobile device, try turning it sideways.

The signature is at the bottom of every post.

If you're on a handheld/mobile device, try turning it sideways.

The signature is at the bottom of every post.
Got it, thanks!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!