What's new

[Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374.43 LTS releases (Archive)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

V15E5 working great for me: AC66U AP and AC68U.

Hi to all,
tried today your fork V15E15 and it works very well, except for Aicloud Webstorage Sync.
It says "finished" but never starts to sync. It's a known bug or I made some mistakes? With latest official merlin it worked....
Thanks

Try flashing 378.53 first, then move on to 378.56_2. It seems the CFE upgrade doesn't always work properly with newer releases. I cannot really look into it since that code is closed source.

I'm using 378.56_2 and it seems to work well, but wonder if I could get better performance if I did the above - if I saved my config for 378.56_2, flashed 378.53, then flashed 378.56_2 again, would reading the config file "break" anything? I don't know what the CFE is, so don't know if loading a config file would do anything bad.

I ask, because I was having bad luck with the main branch firmware, and the fork works better, but is still pokier than it used to be, so I wondered. :)

I'm using 378.56_2 and it seems to work well, but wonder if I could get better performance if I did the above - if I saved my config for 378.56_2, flashed 378.53, then flashed 378.56_2 again, would reading the config file "break" anything? I don't know what the CFE is, so don't know if loading a config file would do anything bad.

That would have absolutely zero effect on performance.

The CFE upgrade was only to increase the firmware partition size.

I hope none of you spent as many brain cycles on this as I did.

I lit some incense, drank a Scotch, did a factory reset and then reloaded via John's script, and my Tools page works again.

I'm having the same problem. Where is John's script?

Attachments

• ToolsView.png
    ToolsView.png
    276.6 KB · Views: 702
Hi to all,
tried today your fork V15E15 and it works very well, except for Aicloud Webstorage Sync.
It says "finished" but never starts to sync. It's a known bug or I made some mistakes? With latest official merlin it worked....
Thanks

Ok, I can confirm that Aicloud Sync is broken in this fork.
Also "config save" seems broken, because if I save my config, do a factory reset and insert the saved config a lot of parameters remain defaulted and not mine.
Wifi range is better on 5ghz and about the same on 2.4ghz.
Everything considered I reverted to official Merlin build.

Last edited:
Dear John, after installing your -fantastic- firmware on my N66U, I decided to install it on my brand new AC68U.
Everything is fine with exclusion of NTP.
After rebooting the router didn't synchronize the time automatically but I have to hit APPLY on the ADMINISTRATION->SYSTEM menu.
Otherwise it not synchronize and timestamp on the attached hard disk are completely wrong.

Thank you for your fantastic work!

P.S. Here below extract of my log file after hitting APPLY
Jan 2 02:51:56 syslogd started: BusyBox v1.20.2
Jan 2 02:51:56 kernel: klogd started: BusyBox v1.20.2 (2015-11-11 07:51:25 MST)
Jan 2 02:51:56 dropbear[4374]: Running in background
Jan 2 02:51:56 httpd: start httpd
Jan 2 02:51:56 start_nat_rules: apply the nat_rules (/tmp/nat_rules_ppp0_eth0)!
Nov 21 21:53:24 start_nat_rules: (/tmp/nat_rules_ppp0_eth0) success!
Nov 21 21:53:24 rc_service: ntp 4366:notify_rc restart_upnp
Nov 21 21:53:24 rc_service: waiting "restart_time;restart_upnp" via ..

This 15x-release is troubled.

For the first time since using John's fork on my AC56U I had to go back a release. I've tried 15E3 and 15E5, and with both, my Android devices (Galaxy Note 3, Moto X Play, Xperia Z Ultra) tended to drop connection sometimes during their standby. They are on 5 GHz, on 2.4 I have no permanently connected devices going into a standby (the Chromecast stick never does). Now back on 14E1, the connections are solid again.

Edit: no resets were made, Regulation Mode is off, regional limits are off with "#a/0", 5 GHz set to 200 mW.

how was "#a/0" applied to disable regional limits?

I'm noticing that in a version 14 i was able to connect to the vpn with both my laptop and my iphone using openvpn. This isnt the case anymore and its trying to assign an IP thats already assigned. see this in the logs:

MULTI: new connection by client 'client' will cause previous active sessions by this client to be dropped. Remember to use the --duplicate-cn option if you want multiple clients using the same certificate or username to concurrently connect

I noticed this too, adding "duplicate-cn" to the Custom configuration box fixed it. I was on Merlin 378.56_2 before and did not have to do that.

I have a small question, maybe somebody can help me out.
Using my RT-N66U in a student residence as a wireless acces point.
Students only gain internet access after logging into the university network,
so the access point itself isn't connected to the internet.
Everytime I do a firmware upgrade, I manually adjust the date through ssh with the "date -s ...." command since NTP needs a live internet connection.
With the last release the AP keeps flooding my logs. (probably John has been busy with the new NTP functions)

"Nov 24 14:11:12 ntp: NTP update failed after 5 attempts"

Is there a way to disable the NTP log messages? I know it doesn't sync, but no need to remind me every minute ;-)

Thanks a lot.

John thanks a bunch for keeping this older source code stable and purring nicely. It's stable and i'm running it now for few days and i don't see anything funny in system log. In fact it shows clear and just logons and some requests, normal stuff.

I live in apt so range is not as important to me as stability and speed. I have older laptop (Dell D620) with G wifi card in it and its smooth as well, although i may be replacing it with N. Funny thing is everyone uses 2.4Ghz in my apt bldg so i setup mine on 5ghz only to filter out the neighbor noise.

Thanks for not going all crazy and revamping source code on this project and looking forward to your future releases. The older wifi drivers seem to not only work better on my n66 but also my laptop prefers those driers, at least so it seems.

Merlin thank you for working on n66 routers as well. Much appreciate all devs work.

Last edited:
Whats the most stable version of fork ? Looking for stable wifi and good range ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flashed to 15e5, seems stable however I can no longer see RSSI values for 2.4Ghz. Only shows '??dbm' for connected devices.

Edit:My bad..it happens on 14e1 as well at times...doesn't affect anything though. Great release. Will post back on stability after a few days.

Last edited:
regarding my previous post on HE Tunnel IPv6
broken/not working issue, thanks to @il2 for all the time
and effort for guiding me to troubleshoot the issue
and finally problem solved. it's caused by HW Acceleration.
by disabling it, HE Tunnel IPv6 functions normally.

regarding my previous post on HE Tunnel IPv6
broken/not working issue, thanks to @il2 for all the time
and effort for guiding me to troubleshoot the issue
and finally problem solved. it's caused by HW Acceleration.
by disabling it, HE Tunnel IPv6 functions normally.
Thanks for coop! That was interesting and long way to go. Sometimes it worked, sometimes not, yet it bugged me that ping/traceroute6/wget were always fine to ipv6.test-ipv6.com page. Win10 was also highly suspicious in my list of candidates to rule out.

John, do you still have HE ipv6 tunnel setup? If yes, have you set HW acceleration disabled?

First, my thanks to all the users who helped out each other during my absence over the last couple of weeks. It was a tough holiday for me, as my mother passed away unexpectedly. Things are still going to be a bit hectic for me, but I'll have a bit more time now to start easing back into things.

I'll be making a pass through recent posts over the next few days to catch up on the activity and seeing what, if anything, I may be able to add to the discussions.

Thanks again to everyone for their help.

My condolences to you and your family.

Sent from my Game Boy Advance 32gb 4GLTE/WiFi using Tapatalk

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!