What's new

[Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374.43 LTS releases (Archive)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

yes i do but i can`t find what code is using 374.43_2-17E1j9527 merlin fork by john9527?

It's in the version number itself. It's based on 374.43_2.

It's in the version number itself. It's based on 374.43_2.
thanks, so what this means right now? yours is completely updated according to the latest official version....what about firmware fork by john?

no, it is not there? i find for merlin but didn`t for fork by john9527?

380.58 (xx-xxx-2016)
- NEW: Merged with 380_1354 GPL
If you really need to know....it's based on ASUS firmware from 2014 that picks up selected fixes from both ASUS and Merlin plus some new development.....

374_5656

thanks, so what this means right now? yours is completely updated according to the latest official version....what about firmware fork by john?

It's a fork, which means it's developed in parallel of mine. It's not being developed to keep in sync, but follows down its own path. Just like Asuswrt was originally forked from Tomato by Asus. And Tomato was originally forked from HyperWRT.

If you really need to know....it's based on ASUS firmware from 2014 that picks up selected fixes from both ASUS and Merlin.....

374_5656
ok, thanks for reply....i need to know because yesterday i flashed 17Beta for test but GUI not showing correctly....i click on tools menu from web gui but didn`t opened.....do you add any latest security update from official firmware to yours beta17 fork yet?

ok, thanks for reply....i need to know because yesterday i flashed 17Beta for test but GUI not showing correctly....i click on tools menu from web gui but didn`t opened.....do you add any latest security update from official firmware to yours beta17 fork yet?
The tools menu not showing means you didn't do a factory reset after loading the code....

Thanks for helping out!

Had a bit of a delay due to a disk crash that held my development environment :( Had most of it backed up, but had to recreate/retest a bit. V17 should be out in a few days.

BTW....I saw your post regarding the dnsmasq problem and have pulled out the dnsmasq update for now.

this the update to add dnssec support? As I was looking forward to that.

Thanks for helping out!

Had a bit of a delay due to a disk crash that held my development environment :( Had most of it backed up, but had to recreate/retest a bit. V17 should be out in a few days.

BTW....I saw your post regarding the dnsmasq problem and have pulled out the dnsmasq update for now.

A bit off-topic, but how have you changed your setup to better prepare for seamlessly recovering from data loss?

Personally, I just have nothing of worth to lose... not exactly a plan, but it is what it is. :)

Thanks for this useful info. This is very interesting. I just tried speedsmart like you suggested and connection is >250Mbps very consistent (after 10 tests from multiple devices and matched with what wifi sweetspots showed) while speedtest still showed 50Mbps until I picked the same server that speedsmart picked then the speed was the same (even though the server speedtest picked was right where I am at). So how do we know the actual speed is?? What free tools that people use to test their speed? I'd been using speedtest for years until today.

BTW when you say "this fork" you mean John's fork in general or this specific version that I am on (V13E1)??
Johns fork in general. Each version pretty much remains the same other than security patches and a feature here and there. The wifi drivers stay the same so connectivity should be pretty stable across all versions of his fork.

Reactions: hmt
I'm currently using 3.0.0.4.374.43_2-16E1j9527 on my AC68U (in AP mode) and while browsing through the logs (System Log/General Log), I noticed quite a number of the following entries:

Mar 8 22:14:58 kernel: br0: received packet on eth1 with own address as source address
Mar 8 22:15:14 kernel: br0: received packet on eth2 with own address as source address

What these are and if I should be concerned? I checked through my devices and I'm not seeing anything that would be the cause.

Also, if I were to try the original ASUS firmware or Merlin firmware (latest versions, I assume), would I be able to revert back to the Fork version?

Last edited:
I'm currently using 3.0.0.4.374.43_2-16E1j9527 on my AC68U and while browsing through the logs (System Log/General Log), I noticed quite a number of the following entries:

Mar 8 22:14:58 kernel: br0: received packet on eth1 with own address as source address
Mar 8 22:15:14 kernel: br0: received packet on eth2 with own address as source address

Any ideas what these are and if I should be concerned?
If you search the forum you will see that this message has been reported many times over the years. It can be ignored.
Also, if I were to try the original ASUS firmware or Merlin firmware (latest I assume), would I be able to revert back to the Fork version?
Yes, that's not a problem. Just remember to do a factory reset and manual configure after installing each firmware.

So I installed the 16E1 firmware on two routers and set up PIA VPN on both. One works great and getting full speed with the VPN, the other is only getting about 8 out of 50 Mbps. Any idea?

So I installed the 16E1 firmware on two routers and set up PIA VPN on both. One works great and getting full speed with the VPN, the other is only getting about 8 out of 50 Mbps. Any idea?

Also, are they the same model router? The MIPS based routers will top out at about 10-12 Mbps best case when running OpenVPN.

Are they both using the same PIA server location? There are some good PIA servers and some not so good. I actually get better performance by going to a PIA location/server that is not closest to me. (Could also be your ISP routing to the various servers with the same effect).

Yes they are both Asus AC68U both using the Mexico location. Both on Verizon but two different locations, about 10 miles from each other.

Currently running 3.0.0.4.374.43_2-16E1j9527 on my AC68U.

Tried to install official asus fw 30043801842. However after flashing it, FW remains 3.0.0.4.374.43_2-16E1j9527. Any idea how do i flash original FWs?

Thanks

You have to flash in steps on the 68 flash Merin build 378.53 or 55 and then you will be able to flash the version your looking for.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!