What's new

[Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374.43 LTS releases (Archive)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Yes, I'm behind :oops:. I need to do a force push because of some debug work that went on with stubby. Plan to catch up with the V37 release.
Looking forward to it. I switched to your fork yesterday (36EA) from Merlin 384.7_2 for my AC68U and looking to do some code reviews to understand differences from Merlin (in a positive way).

Right now I'm trying to understand why dhcp queries aren't going to syslog.log (I have Diversion, Pixelserv-tls and Skynet installed). I understand that Diversion logs all dnsmasq output to /opt/var/log/dnsmasq.log, but I was also seeing dhcp activity in syslog.log under Merlin.

Reading the dnsmasq man pages now. ;)

The option may be in a different place on my fork....it's under System > Administration in the log section.
Thanks. I've got the GUI set and verified the nvram settings at the command line. At this point, I imagine that I'm mis-remembering seeing dnsmasq-dhcp logs in syslog while Diversion logging is active. If I turn off Diversion logging, all is well.

Different topic: Any workaround for repeated GUI login prompts when using iOS Safari on an iPad? Sometimes I need to login 4-5 times before the prompts stop (password is the same since I'm using LastPass keyboard integration on iOS).

Different topic: Any workaround for repeated GUI login prompts when using iOS Safari on an iPad? Sometimes I need to login 4-5 times before the prompts stop (password is the same since I'm using LastPass keyboard integration on iOS).
It's a bug that Apple has ignored since I think their Safari rel 4 :rolleyes:. If I remember correctly, it only happens with one of the access methods (http or https)....whichever you are using, try the other.

It's a bug that Apple has ignored since I think their Safari rel 4 :rolleyes:. If I remember correctly, it only happens with one of the access methods (http or https)....whichever you are using, try the other.
Likely HTTPS since I am using HTTPS with a Pixelserv-tls CA signed certificate for router.asus.com. HTTP seems to be more forgiving in a quick test.

Thanks for your quick feedback. Happy Thanksgiving!

I use 37B5 on AC56U. Sometimes stubby stops working, nothing relevant happens in the log. I had that before when I used dnscrypt, it also stopped working (that told something about being unable to download its servers list, dnscrypt-resolvers.csv). A router reset restores functionality.

Android does not like DNS outages, so it disconnects from the WiFi.
Thanks for your feedback. There seems to be a hardware problem with older builds of AC66 and 5Ghz starting to disappear or randomly disconnect after 3-4 months of stable work.
The workaround is to follow this 5Ghz reboot routine: turn on unit with reset button pressed for 10-15 seconds and wait for a minute before turning the unit off for another minute. After turning the unit back again, the 5Ghz radio starts to work again regardless of firmwares, radio on-off toggles in GUIs and software reboots with nvram changes

@fatspirit @il2
I second the request for non-popup login form
Sorry, but not in plan. This fork uses httpd logon authorization, so the popup login prompt is provided by the browser and is not something I control. Changing it would require too large an effort which is outside the scope of the fork (and probably my expertise :) ).

Reactions: il2
Screen shot? Which operation? All those strings are ASUS dictionary lookups for the language support.

377.jpg

For whatever reason I was not able to see the downloads on ASUS, Used another PC got it and the N66U upgrade went fine thx folks
Same here on a new PC, you have to accept cookies on first Asus page, then you will see it, otherwise hidden forever and nothing would be shown after selecting a OS or others.

Good afternoon, dear friends! Router RT-AC66U. Firmware: 3.0.0.4.374.43_37B4j9527. Use the OPENVPN client - please Tell me how to configure the router to insert the Certificate Authority or Client Certificate with the number of characters is 4096 characters. The fact is that certificates and keys longer than 3499 characters are not inserted into the settings. This is a serious problem. What can be done? What firmware to use? Thank you, hope For your understanding.

Good afternoon, dear friends! Router RT-AC66U. Firmware: 3.0.0.4.374.43_37B4j9527. Use the OPENVPN client - please Tell me how to configure the router to insert the Certificate Authority or Client Certificate with the number of characters is 4096 characters. The fact is that certificates and keys longer than 3499 characters are not inserted into the settings. This is a serious problem. What can be done? What firmware to use? Thank you, hope For your understanding.
I'll need to make a firmware change to raise the limit. On this fork, the keys/certs still pass thru nvram so I need to be a bit careful. I'll get something into the next release.

In the meantime, your only alternative is to use the last Merlin AC66 build, 380.70

I'll need to make a firmware change to raise the limit. On this fork, the keys/certs still pass thru nvram so I need to be a bit careful. I'll get something into the next release.

In the meantime, your only alternative is to use the last Merlin AC66 build, 380.70

Buddy, thank you for the answer! I'm glad you're doing a very useful job. Please tell me, Merlin AC66 build, 380.70 - supports certificates of 4096 characters? But the latest build of Merlin does not support DNSSEC

What to do? The required certificate is 4096 and DNSSEC

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!