What's new

[Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374.43 LTS releases (Archive)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Just about to flash my AC-66U tonight from merlinWRT 380.69_2 to the latest fork of your firmware. What's all this about DoT? pretty big networking rookie and definitely am trying to learn more.

The only one I can think of for this is to try setting 'Enable WMM APSD' to Disabled on the Wireless > Professional tab.
Thanks for replying John. Channel 11 with with "WMM APSD" enabled was my starting point where the (2) devices wouldn't reconnect. Just changing to Channel 1 let them reconnect. I tried channel 1 with that setting disabled, that worked too. Channel 11 disabled worked. I then re-enabled the setting while on channel 11 and they still reconnected...which is where I started. So my best guess is that just changing the channel at all somehow helped these two devices be able to reconnect. Thanks again!

Hello, I've had an Asus AC66U A1, for a long time now.
and i wanted to find out if there was going to be any new updates.
But it doesn't seem like it.
I got "check for beta" enabled too.
But i was wondering if there were any third party updates anywhere.
I saw the first post, but it doesn't seem like it's as up to date, as the current version i got.
Does anyone know if there are any third party updates for this router?
I know that dd-wrt has one that works, but i really like Asuswrt UI.
3.0.0.4.382_50470-g033b865
upload_2018-12-1_21-24-20.png

Last edited:
It was just updated this week. Do not regard the 376 version number compared to 382 from ASUS.
I see that it does not support the below features.
Are the features any big changes, from how it looks today?
And why doesn't it support the router control app? (the app part isn't the biggest deal)

Some of the enhanced gui formatting of later releases, for instance the new wireless log
- Support for the ASUS router control app

I just tried uploading the latest version, for my router.
But got this error.

To comply with regulatory amendments, we have modified our certification rule to ensure better firmware quality. This version is not compatible with all previously released ASUS firmware and uncertified third party firmware. Please check our official websites for the certified firmware.

Last edited:
I suppose you haven't read the Installation Notes from the OP?

I did, and i figured out, i had to do the 30 v 30 v 30 restoration.
Not the regular from windows.
My bad.
It got uploaded now :)

is there a simple way to make https secured encrypted with a free certificate.
i want to get rid of that standard chrome message which states the site is not secure.

on the standard asus firmwae you have let's encrypt but i noticed that option is not in the fork(probably becuase it is a fork firmware)

Last edited:
is there a simple way to make https secured encrypted with a free certificate.
i want to get rid of that standard chrome message which states the site is not secure.

on the standard asus firmwae you have let's encrypt but i noticed that option is not in the fork(probably becuase it is a fork firmware)
If you happen to use Diversion and Pixelserv, there is an easy method documented on the Pixelserv github wiki to create a signed cert.

https://github.com/kvic-z/pixelserv...ixelserv-CA-to-issue-a-certificate-for-WebGUI

Do I need to change some other settings or checker isn't good?
Make sure there are no DNS servers entered on the LAN > DHCP servers page. Also, check there is no conflict if you are using DNSFilter.

Make sure there are no DNS servers entered on the LAN > DHCP servers page. Also, check there is no conflict if you are using DNSFilter.

Thank you.
Now it shows "We weren't able to detect if you are using DNS over secure connection".
I guess that's improvement. :)

I also have in DHCP page "Advertise router's IP in addition to user-specified DNS" and "Forward local domain queries to upstream DNS" both on YES. Not sure if that should be anything different.

I'm not using DNS filtering, so that shouldn't be issue.

Thank you.
Now it shows "We weren't able to detect if you are using DNS over secure connection".
I guess that's improvement. :)

I also have in DHCP page "Advertise router's IP in addition to user-specified DNS" and "Forward local domain queries to upstream DNS" both on YES. Not sure if that should be anything different.

I'm not using DNS filtering, so that shouldn't be issue.
I get the 'unable to detect msg' too.....it's working :)
ipleak or dnsleaktest should show the Cloudflare servers.

Forward local queries upstream should be set to No...

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!