What's new

[Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374.43 LTS releases (Archive)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

In item number one first page of this thread.
In bold it says "Important" and talkes about code bases and repo whatever the blazes they are..
Bob.
It actually starts out 'If you have a local repo...'. I assume, based on your question, that you don't, correct? That would then mean it doesn't apply to you.

In item number one first page of this thread.
In bold it says "Important" and talkes about code bases and repo whatever the blazes they are..
Bob.
Some brave souls will download the source code from the GitHub repository and compile their own firmware, thereby having a local copy of the repo.

That ain’t us.

It actually starts out 'If you have a local repo...'. I assume, based on your question, that you don't, correct? That would then mean it doesn't apply to you.
Thanks but the point was I had no idea if I had repo or not because I hadn't the slightest idea what it meant.
Bob.

Is anyone here successfully using a postconf script for an OpenVPN Server? I created openvpnserver1.postconf, placed it in /jffs/scripts/, and set the permissions to 666.

Contents of jffs/scripts/openvpnserver1.postconf
Code:
#!/bin/sh
CONFIG=$1
source /usr/sbin/helper.sh

pc_delete duplicate-cn $CONFIG
The purpose of the script is to remove the line containing 'duplicate-cn' from the default server configuration. However, when I check '/etc/openvpn/server1/config.ovpn' the line remains untouched. Any ideas on why it's not working?

Router: RT-AC68U
Firmware v38E4

Is anyone here successfully using a postconf script for an OpenVPN Server? I created openvpnserver1.postconf, placed it in /jffs/scripts/, and set the permissions to 666.

Contents of jffs/scripts/openvpnserver1.postconf
Code:
#!/bin/sh
CONFIG=$1
source /usr/sbin/helper.sh

pc_delete duplicate-cn $CONFIG
The purpose of the script is to remove the line containing 'duplicate-cn' from the default server configuration. However, when I check '/etc/openvpn/server1/config.ovpn' the line remains untouched. Any ideas on why it's not working?

Router: RT-AC68U
Firmware v38E4
You need chmod u+x

hey fellas, successfully upgraded from Merlin 380.65 to the latest L build.
I did everything as told including JFFS backup.
If everything seems to be running just fine, can i delete my JFFS backup? or should i check some part just to make sure?
Used restoration tool, made a factory reset via the hard button on the router, then setup as per usual.

hey fellas, successfully upgraded from Merlin 380.65 to the latest L build.
I did everything as told including JFFS backup.
If everything seems to be running just fine, can i delete my JFFS backup? or should i check some part just to make sure?
Used restoration tool, made a factory reset via the hard button on the router, then setup as per usual.

Don't be in too much of a rush to delete it. It can't be that big that you need the space back, asap. ;)

Sometimes, issues just don't show up right away.

Sure hope you didn't restore anything to the newly flashed firmware?

That would have effectively negated the reset to factory defaults and you would now be in an unknown state (instead of a good/known state). With possibly a world of hurt in the days or weeks ahead. :)

Don't be in too much of a rush to delete it. It can't be that big that you need the space back, asap. ;)

Sometimes, issues just don't show up right away.

Sure hope you didn't restore anything to the newly flashed firmware?

That would have effectively negated the reset to factory defaults and you would now be in an unknown state (instead of a good/known state). With possibly a world of hurt in the days or weeks ahead. :)

haha i'm abit ocd to delete stuff i don't use anymore. but i guess i'll keep it.
no i did not restore anything from my previous set up hahaa.

I use "380.70 (8-Apr-2018)
- NOTE: This will be the final 380.xx release for
all models. The RT-N66U and RT-AC66U
support will be dropped, and all other
models have been migrated to the new gen
branch, as of release 384.4.

People who wish to keep getting updates for
these two older models should look at the
john9527 fork: https://bit.ly/2EV5Oat"

From https://asuswrt.lostrealm.ca/changelog

When I try to update to this version here I get
"Invalid Firmware Upload
To comply with regulatory amendments, we have modified our certification rule to ensure better firmware quality. This version is not compatible with all previously released ASUS firmware and uncertified third party firmware. Please check our official websites for the certified firmware."

I am using
RT-AC66U Broadcom BCM5300 chip rev 1

Trying to upload RT-AC66U_3.0.0.4_374.43_2-38L4j9527.trx

I use "380.70 (8-Apr-2018)
- NOTE: This will be the final 380.xx release for
all models. The RT-N66U and RT-AC66U
support will be dropped, and all other
models have been migrated to the new gen
branch, as of release 384.4.

People who wish to keep getting updates for
these two older models should look at the
john9527 fork: https://bit.ly/2EV5Oat"

From https://asuswrt.lostrealm.ca/changelog

When I try to update to this version here I get
"Invalid Firmware Upload
To comply with regulatory amendments, we have modified our certification rule to ensure better firmware quality. This version is not compatible with all previously released ASUS firmware and uncertified third party firmware. Please check our official websites for the certified firmware."

I am using
RT-AC66U Broadcom BCM5300 chip rev 1

Trying to upload RT-AC66U_3.0.0.4_374.43_2-38L4j9527.trx

From post 1 in this thread:
Installation Notes
  • Firmware is now packaged as a zip file (consistent with Merlin firmware releases). Remember to extract the .trx file prior to updating the firmware. An sha256sum file is included in the zip file to validate the firmware.
  • For supported routers currently running ASUS firmware 380.3000 or above, or Merlin 380.60 or above, you cannot load this fork using the built in firmware update web interface. You must use the ASUS Firmware Restoration Tool from the ASUS support website or the built in CFE Mini-Web Server to install this fork firmware. You must always perform a factory default reset following the firmware update when moving from ASUS OEM or Merlin firmware above level 374 regardless if you updated via the web interface or Restoration Tool.

Did you use the firmare restoration tool? :)

ehm of course I did

No, thanks :) seems to be up and running now

Did you also do a full/proper reset to factory defaults after successfully flashing it? ;)

Guys. I have an RT-N66U which has been running firmware from the John fork for a long time and updated many times. My router works very well and I'm grateful to John and the help I get here from others now and then.

However my router is getting on a bit (like me) and I worry about it breaking down. It seems a good plan to me to invest in a new router while the 66 is still a viable working backup.

The only extra I would like is AC wireless but I don't wish to lose what I have now eg. The ability to pull and push DHCP reservations, 2.4 and 5Ghz Mac filter data to a data stick smb shared across my network. Oh and a couple of guest networks.

I'd like to stay with asus and also with the John fork. Can anyone suggest the best machine to look at please? I'm unsure if current models are covered by this fork.

Thanks
Bob.

Guys. I have an RT-N66U which has been running firmware from the John fork for a long time and updated many times. My router works very well and I'm grateful to John and the help I get here from others now and then.

However my router is getting on a bit (like me) and I worry about it breaking down. It seems a good plan to me to invest in a new router while the 66 is still a viable working backup.

The only extra I would like is AC wireless but I don't wish to lose what I have now eg. The ability to pull and push DHCP reservations, 2.4 and 5Ghz Mac filter data to a data stick smb shared across my network. Oh and a couple of guest networks.

I'd like to stay with asus and also with the John fork. Can anyone suggest the best machine to look at please? I'm unsure if current models are covered by this fork.

Thanks
Bob.

The best match for your requirements and pre-requisites is the RT-AC68U.

Anything newer than that will not be supported by this LTS fork.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!