What's new

[Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374.43 LTS releases (Archive)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

It is at the bottom so scroll down as John says.

upload_2019-4-9_10-19-12.png

upload_2019-4-9_10-18-38.png

BTW, in a very intangible way, this new 39E1 build on my Asus RT-AC68U seems very spunky. All the functions I use are running well on the new 39E1 release. Like it a lot! I am also trying out the new Edge Chromium browser, and that is also spunky!

Still there.....on the fork there are separate 'Allow' settings for SSH and Web (default is to not allow)

Thanks for that, the Web access option is a little obscure I presume its the specified IP option.

Thanks for that, the Web access option is a little obscure I presume its the specified IP option.
Hmmm...it's not showing up if you select HTTP only access.......switch access to BOTH and the Alllow WAN access option will show up. I'll take a look at it.

Time for a fork release...
  • IMPORTANT Users of MIPS routers (N16/AC66/N66) currently running build 37 or earlier will need to save their JFFS space prior to the build 38 install, reformat JFFS after the install, then restore the saved JFFS. This is due to the increase in code size due to the static linking of OpenSSL 1.1.1 to the STUBBY code.

No, you'll need to do this manually. I'd recommend the following steps on the MIPS based routers....

- take a backup of jffs (Administration > Restore/Save/Upload Setting)
- disable jffs (Administration > System) - Don't forget to hit Apply
- manually reboot
- load the new code via the gui
- re-enable jffs/reformat jffs at next boot/enable scripts (Administration > System) - Don't forget to hit Apply
- manually reboot
- restore the jffs backup (Administration > Restore/Save/Upload Setting)
- manually reboot

Hi @john9527,

Thank you for the updates - I think you should include this important information on the first page, otherwise people might miss it, if they are not following every post of this thread.

Also; Do you have plans to update the github repo with the latest code? I had to build an older 37E4 from github to fix the dfs issue on my AC66U. It would be nice to have the latest code. :)

Take care!

Br,
Miwer

BTW, in a very intangible way, this new 39E1 build on my Asus RT-AC68U seems very spunky. All the functions I use are running well on the new 39E1 release. Like it a lot! I am also trying out the new Edge Chromium browser, and that is also spunky!

I have to second the performance improvement. Samba performance is what is was before release 37E9. Can't tell from the changelog what change is responsible for Samba share directory reads of 10000+ files to be 3x faster than the previous release.

Hmmm...it's not showing up if you select HTTP only access.......switch access to BOTH and the Alllow WAN access option will show up. I'll take a look at it.
@Jasso
Had to clear the cobwebs :) ...it's intentional that it's not shown. Security change that went in Jan 2018
42bfa6d2d admin: only allow https access from WAN

Hey guys, just wanted to see if i could somehow get an answer here.

So i'm facing some issues specifically with my 5GHZ network on my AC68U.
It would seem every so often that my connection would "drop".

For my phone it's more obvious, it drops and automatically connects to my 2.4ghz network, which definitely proves there's something wrong with the 5ghz network (range is definitely not an issue, i'm like 10 feet from my router, direct line of sight)

But for my laptop, when it "drops" the wifi still shows connected, but i won't be able to load any websites at all, they'll just be "stuck", even pages like youtube or google.
After a while, like a 30secs to a minute, the connection will be fine again.
This affects my live streams sometimes as well as when i stream shows to my Chromecast Ultra via Plex (also connected to my 5ghz network).

I'm on the latest L release after a fresh factory reset.

If anyone could possibly shine some light on my issue, or perhaps if i need to provide some logs to rectify this.
I have a refurbished AC86U on the way, but i'm planning to give my AC68U to my friend.

If anyone could possibly shine some light on my issue
Pixel phone? Ongoing problem with them across all the asuswrt builds when it reconnects. Some people had luck using the L builds (obviously not you). In that case, I'd second @ColinTaylor 's recommendation to try the E build.

Pixel phone? Ongoing problem with them across all the asuswrt builds when it reconnects. Some people had luck using the L builds (obviously not you). In that case, I'd second @ColinTaylor 's recommendation to try the E build.
Hi john is this problem with pixel phones only when you connect to a asuswrt router using 5ghz ?
I recently bought a pixel 2 XL and I use your firmware on my N66U but I do not use the 5ghz radio, it is actually turned off in the settings.

I am thinking of upgrading to N66U for a faster VPN connection on my phone when I am out.

I have been reading some scary story's about how insecure 4g is, like this one below.
https://www.privateinternetaccess.c...ew-and-manipulate-traffic-to-your-smartphone/

So I was considering setting up an app called tasker so that as soon as i disconnect from wifi and connect to 4g the phone will automatically connect to my home vpn. ( I never ever remember to actually do it manually )

I tested the 4g speed last night when i was out and got 60mbs down and 20mbs up.
I then connected to my n66u via openvpn connect and my speeds dropped to 6mbs down and 3mbs up lol.

What kind of speeds can i expect to get if i upgraded to a AC68U ?

Also @john9527 does you firmware only work on "RT" routers or will it work with the "DSL" versions too ? like the link below.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00O27PHGY/?tag=smallncom-21

I am currently using one of those old white bt openreach modems (like below) and thought an all in one modem/router like the DSL-AC68U might work well ?
s-l1600.jpg

Appreciate any help from anyone.

Thank You

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!