What's new

[Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374.43 LTS releases (Archive)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Prove that it is John doing this. I stopped updating because I am no longer certain where these builds come from.
The code is on his github and the downloads are on his onedrive, the way it has always been. The only difference is that he avoids the stress of posting here and fielding complaints. The change logs make it pretty clear that he still reads here though.

You could also review the commits, and build your own firmware image if you didn't trust the Onedrive downloads.

Hey dudes- I am having issues with an ip address range with the bandwidth limiter on John's firmware. Single ip address or MAC works fine.

So, a rule like this:
192.168.48.2-192.168.48.254

does not work at all.
Any suggestions? Am I putting in the ip address range wrong?

So, a rule like this:
192.168.48.2-192.168.48.254
It doesn't look like that's a valid format:
Untitled.png
EDIT: Tested. The format is acceptable.

Last edited:
Looks like it's all or nothing then?
I say this because I would like to limit bandwidth of all but one ip address, but 192.168.48.* won't let me do that.
My rules would look like-
192.168.48.254 - allow high bandwidth
192.168.48.2-253 - allow little bandwidth
Is there a way to do that?
Update- the * is not working anyhow, so one bandwidth rule that severely limits everything
192.168.48.* - allow only 1 kb/s
does nothing.
I was hoping I could get away with a rule list like this (assuming it might work like iptables)-
(mac address) - allow high bandwidth
192.168.48.* - allow little bandwidth
but tried (for testing) just the 192.168.48.* rule alone and it did nothing at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
@000111 Well I've just tested this myself and a) it accepted the format you're using, and b) the limiting is working as desired.

Is your main LAN 192.168.48.x ?

EDIT: Perhaps the MIPS version of iptables doesn't support the necessary syntax. Can you post the output of the following command when using your original rules:
Code:
iptables-save -t mangle

Last edited:
No, the LAN is 10.148.42.x, I usually put 192.168.48.x in for posterity.
rules-
(mac address of 10.148.42.254) - allow 8000 kb/s down 2000 kb/s up
10.148.42.2-10.148.42.253 - allow 1 kb/s down and 1 kb/s up
More useless info- DHCP pool is set for 10.148.42.2-10.148.42.239 (to separate vpn addresses from DHCP), but I don't think that should matter.

Also potentially of note I'm using version 41E9. I did think this used to work on prior versions, but my testing could have been off.

No vpns are or were connected for testing, although they were running. :)
Retested with vpn servers all disabled- seems to work.
Of special note here is that I DO USE the pptp and openvpn vpn servers.
Weird.
I guess I can get it to work by disabling all vpn servers (not just having them unconnected). If there is a better way you can think of I would be most appreciative of your continued assistance.
Maybe this is the root of my QOS issues all along, vpns being enabled? eek.

Is there a site where I can download the "L" version of the development builds such as a 41L9 version instead of the 41E9 version? I use the "L" builds on my N66U due to the greater transmit power that is available with the legacy wireless drivers.

Finally found time to glue gun the failed power button and really appreciate this firmware. As I admit to being new to this, I noticed the last Asus firmware was 382.51641 (11/2019) and latest Merlin is 384.x and John's fork is 374.x. Not that a build number is important but just curious, is it staying at 374 as that was the last Merlin release? Are updates from last official Asus build and/or Merlin builds included in this fork? My questions are NOT complaining just a new guy interested in learning. John if you are still reading this forum thank you for all your time.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!