What's new

[Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374.43 LTS releases (Archive)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

OK....5GHz band....

try the highest channel numbers you can (usually a bit stronger signal) and try with Beamforming (Wireless/Professional) both enabled and disabled.

While streaming movies from the Media Server of the router to my smart TV about 15 feet away.
@2.4GHz ---> wireless drop after about 10-15mn
@5GHz with and without beamforming enable ----> wireless drop after 10-15mn
These were my test.
Going back to Merlin RT-AC66U_3.0.0.4_376.45_0.trx and everything is OK again.
Router: Asus RT-AC66U

Last edited:
I just bumped to merlin's 374.43 but will bump to this soon as I want the ssl update, nice work.

While streaming movies from the Media Server of the router to my smart TV about 15 feet away.
@2.4GHz ---> wireless drop after about 10-15mn
@5GHz with and without beamforming enable ----> wireless drop after 10-15mn
These were my test.
Going back to Merlin RT-AC66U_3.0.0.4_376.45_0.trx and everything is OK again.
Router: Asus RT-AC66U

Ahh.....the plot thickens :confused:

This now leads me to believe that the problem is not with the wireless, but with the DLNA server or disk. The odds of both bands being affected in roughly the same time.......

Just for information, what make/model of disk are you using for the server? USB3 or USB2 attach? Do you have drive spindown enabled in the SAMBA section and for what wait time?

There is one difference between .45 and this build in this area. This build is minidlna 1.1.2 and the .45 code is updated to 1.1.3. Both builds have the so called 'Phillips Smart TV' fix so that shouldn't be a factor (and doesn't match the symptoms of a couple of sec drop anyway). I looked at the changelog for 1.1.3 and didn't see anything obvious, but who knows. I've made a test code updating to minidlna 1.1.3 and I'll send you a link by mail. If you can, give it a try.

Hi John,

My RT-AC56U with 374.43_2-01j9527 "Site Survey" does not return any results.
[test]
http://192.168.xx.1/apscan.asp
child_macaddr = '40:16:7E:BE:09:xx'; _sw_mode = '1'; wlc_state = '0'; wlc_sbstate = '0'; wlc_scan_state = '3'; _wlc_ssid = '8f3610e3c9feabed953a6'; aplist = [];

Last edited:
Hi John,

My RT-AC56U with 374.43_2-01j9527 "Site Survey" does not return any results.
[test]
http://192.168.xx.1/apscan.asp
child_macaddr = '40:16:7E:BE:09:xx'; _sw_mode = '1'; wlc_state = '0'; wlc_sbstate = '0'; wlc_scan_state = '3'; _wlc_ssid = '8f3610e3c9feabed953a6'; aplist = [];

If you are using mac address filtering (either Accept or Reject mode), "Site Survey" doesn't work....Asus design. Turn off the address filter and you should see something.

Finding a much stronger wireless signal with this firmware on my AC66u that the newer Merlin .44 and .45 builds so much appreciated

using this now, seems great thanks. As someone else said this build also has faster https UI than 374.40 as well.

A suggestion for the next build
Can you compile the firmware with the the flag JFFS2LOG=n ?
Thanks

Just installed update

Just installed this update over Merlin's .43 on an RT-N66u and it seems absolutely fine.

Thank you for doing the work and providing this update.

Bob.

Code:
nvram set pci/1/1/ccode=#a
nvram set pci/2/1/ccode=#a
nvram set pci/1/1/regrev=0
nvram set pci/2/1/regrev=0
nvram set wl0_country_code=#a
nvram set wl0_country_rev=0
nvram set wl0_reg_mode=off
nvram set wl1_country_code=#a
nvram set regulation_domain=#a
nvram set regulation_domain_5G=#a
nvram set wl1_country_rev=0
nvram set wl1_reg_mode=off
nvram commit

I would very much like to try this and I'm pretty sure I could manage it using putty and ssh and then typing each line one at a time but I have some questions if someone could spare the time.

1) Is there a way of reading the existing settings before doing this? Just in case I need to put things back.

2) I could type the text or even copy and paste one line at a time into putty but is it possible to create and run a full script to do the lot in one go?

2a) If so, where is the best place to put the script? My Rt-N66u does have a data stick mounted with smb access from my computer if that helps.

2b) How do I get the script to run?

Sorry if I shouldn't ask here, I apologize.
My thanks in advance to anyone who tries to help.

Thank you.

Bob.

A suggestion for the next build
Can you compile the firmware with the the flag JFFS2LOG=n ?
Thanks

After some discussion in this thread, I've decided that the base function when you load the code will not change from the 'official' release....so JFFS2LOG will continue to be the default for the ARM based routers.

Having said that....you'll be happy with the next release :)

Well, Update-02 is waiting in the wings. Before I make it generally available, I'd like to ask for a couple of volunteers.:)

First, I would like to exercise the Media Server a bit (my first attempt at a large merge with minidlna). Second, users that would like to control the jffs copy of the syslog would be helpful.

If you can run some tests and give feedback, drop me a private message and I'll send you the link. First 5 or so to respond, then I'll take down this post.

Thanks!

john9527, you don't need to delete your post - just edit it to indicate no more need apply.

I'm eagerly looking forward to your progress with this fork.

After some discussion in this thread, I've decided that the base function when you load the code will not change from the 'official' release....so JFFS2LOG will continue to be the default for the ARM based routers.

Having said that....you'll be happy with the next release :)

Ok thanks
Meanwhile, i am using a couple of scripts to "solve" the problem
http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/forums/showpost.php?p=134153&postcount=30 since i did not manage to compile the firmware on my Ubuntu VM.

Can't wait for the new build

Sent PM to try out ver 02. I can stretch the minidlna legs on my Samsung TV (PN-64F8500), general use and anything else specific of your request.

Link for Update-02 sent out to early testers.....

Any N16 user also willing to volunteer to help out?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!