What's new

[Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374.43 LTS releases (Archive)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Anyone else that have problem with slow internet connection after some days with this latest firmware and after a reboot of the router it work fine again a couple of days :confused:

Anyone else that have problem with slow internet connection after some days with this latest firmware and after a reboot of the router it work fine again a couple of days :confused:

I've seen it reported on Merlin's latest 376.47, but so far haven't see any 'slow' reports on this fork. Did you have 376.47 loaded? I'm beginning to think there may be some problems in going backwards from the 376.xx firmware levels (there are reports of gui problems in doing so).

I'd suggest backing up your jffs partition, disabling jffs, then doing a factory reset and setting things up from scratch. (or trying the mtd-erase procedure I suggested a couple of posts back...for the N66U the commands would be mtd-erase -d nvram, mtd-erase -d jffs2, reboot, then factory reset).

Did you really change your router address from 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.1.145? The prompts you are getting don't look correct for connecting to the router....what is SynoEdmedia?

OMG....i made the most stupid mistake. I used the ipnumber of my Synology box and not the Asus router.The ultimate brain fart i am afraid.

Thanks for your question, that was the one that pointed me in the (only) right direction.

If only I had a nickel for every dumb mistake I've made :) Just glad we got it figured out.

Yes, efter a few days my speed drop from 95 to 75 down stream. After reboot full speed again. Rt-n66u.

Yes, efter a few days my speed drop from 95 to 75 down stream. After reboot full speed again. Rt-n66u.

My RT-n66u is up for 22 days now, still full speed download and upload. I don't see any of these speed drops.

My RT-AC66U dropped internet connection a few times in the last couple of days.

For those of you having problems with disconnects or degrading rates, please remember that there are two ends to the equation.....that is the client plays a role here as well. Sometimes there are compatibility problems between vendor implementations of some of the options. A couple of the biggest offenders are power saving options and roaming options.

So....I would try these adapter settings

For Wired connections - Disable any 'Green Ethernet' or 'Energy Efficient Ethernet' settings
For Wireless connections - Disable any power savings options (set CAM mode), Disable APM/APSD options. Also try different settings for Roaming/Roaming Sensitivity options. In Windows, set Maximum Performance in power settings.

On the router....
In Wireless/Professional - Disable Roaming Assistant, Disable WMM APSD

Also, adapter drivers suffer from the same sort of issues as any other code...sometimes some levels are 'better' than others. Try the latest levels and check the appropriate forums for problems. As an example, for me personally, I run a driver several levels down for my AC7260HW wireless adapter because of issues on later levels.

I have Charter 100mb and DSL 8mb didn't really have a problem with load balance, see charter does maintenance at or around midnight, , I preferred to use the Fail Over feature with Fail Back, no indication of active link when u enable "allow Fail Back" ,Fail Over is a mess. DSL has new equipment and has moved it - so problems their too..

Just been reading through this thread, trying to decide whether or not to try this firmware fork.

What am I missing? What's the downside to just setting up dual WAN in load balance mode? Seems that you'd see (ideally, probably less in real world) about 108mb throughput with both WAN links up, and when one goes down you'd see either 100 or 8 mb, until the dead one came back, at which point you'd be back to 108mb again. What do you gain by trying to run it in Fail Over/Fail Back mode instead, especially since it sounds like its like banging your head into a brick wall to try?

What do you gain by trying to run it in Fail Over/Fail Back mode instead, especially since it sounds like its like banging your head into a brick wall to try?

Maybe the second wan connection is pay based on use?

For those of you having problems with disconnects or degrading rates, please remember that there are two ends to the equation.....that is the client plays a role here as well. Sometimes there are compatibility problems between vendor implementations of some of the options. A couple of the biggest offenders are power saving options and roaming options.

So....I would try these adapter settings

For Wired connections - Disable any 'Green Ethernet' or 'Energy Efficient Ethernet' settings
For Wireless connections - Disable any power savings options (set CAM mode), Disable APM/APSD options. Also try different settings for Roaming/Roaming Sensitivity options. In Windows, set Maximum Performance in power settings.

On the router....
In Wireless/Professional - Disable Roaming Assistant, Disable WMM APSD

Also, adapter drivers suffer from the same sort of issues as any other code...sometimes some levels are 'better' than others. Try the latest levels and check the appropriate forums for problems. As an example, for me personally, I run a driver several levels down for my AC7260HW wireless adapter because of issues on later levels.

My AC7260 works perfect with the latest driver. Maybe the hardware platform the adapter is running on has to be taken into consideration too.

My AC7260 works perfect with the latest driver. Maybe the hardware platform the adapter is running on has to be taken into consideration too.

I don't want to get too far off topic, but here is my experience with the latest Intel AC7260 drivers in case it helps someone else.

- The wireless won't connect after a resume from sleep without disabling, then re-enabling the adapter. This is a widely reported problem in the intel forums.

- My primary use for this PC is streaming live cable TV from a HDHomeRun Prime. It is key to minimize packet loss for this application to prevent dropouts in the picture. So, while the newer drivers report a connection at a slightly higher reported rate, the packet loss goes up significantly. With the older drivers and a reported connect rate one notch slower, I have zero packet loss.

Back to Mac Issue with RT-AC68U_3.0.0.4_376.47_0

Good Morning.. Flashed to RT-AC68U_3.0.0.4_376.47_0 and am experiencing failure to the "Back to Mac" Server sharing option on Mac.

Note that I am running Beta 4 of MAC OS Yoesemite ..

was wondering if anyone else saw this as well

thank you

It's all really based on your personal environment. One setting is not going to work for everyone.
My transmit setting is at the default and radio signal is dialed in not to overlap or mess with neighbors ( 1 - 6 or 11 are ideal & higher signal for 5ghz).
Lots of people don't play nice with radio settings.:mad:
You'll need to definitely download inssider or other software to help you see your neighbors radio signal.

All the best.:)

I live in a house so not many neighbors , i have "my own chanel" :) should i use auto 20/40 bandwidth? I run 2,4 for best range.

Last edited:
I live in a house so not many neighbors , i have "my own chanel" :) should i use auto 20/40 bandwidth? I run 2,4 for best range.

You need adapters in your clients that support 20/40 for it to make a difference....they'll be called N300 or dual channel (not the same as dual band).

I can give your suggestions a shot, but this is a problem I've seen come and go with the ASUS bases firmware. I'm using an AC68, and out of the blue resolving the local name of my NAS (it's running avahi) will stop working. Rebooting the NAS doesn't fix it. Rebooting the router does.

These seemed to work for a little while, however I'm not back in a state where local name resolution doesn't work and I need to reboot the router to get it to come back.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!