What's new

[Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374.43 LTS releases (Archive)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Any new fork version on the way ?

Skickat med Sony Z2 via Tapatalk pro

But of course.....actually working on two releases (was going to try and put it all together, but the second half still isn't quite working yet).

In the next couple of days will be a release following the same release format, a couple of backported fixes primary among them being the sha256/sha512 support for ssh (security). Just as a side observation, the 'new' code has diverged quite a bit from this fork. I see new fixes that are actually fixing regressions from the fork, and others where the code is so different that it just doesn't map back anymore.

Then, if I can get a few more things worked out, hopefully a beta with some new function. Hint: I figured out at least part of what Engineering Mode (old EM builds) does, but maybe more importantly where it does it....gave me some ideas of things to try.

I live in a house so not many neighbors , i have "my own chanel" :) should i use auto 20/40 bandwidth? I run 2,4 for best range.

If you have the spectrum, then set 2.4ghz to 40mhz.

Almost always, 20mhz is recommended for 2.4ghz becuase it results in less interference - but if you really don't have that interference, then yes - 40mhz all the way for optimal bandwidth.

I thought I would try this fork build for a while, so installed 374.43_2-03j9527 tonight and so far so good.

I thought I would try this fork build for a while, so installed 374.43_2-03j9527 tonight and so far so good.

You will like this firmware. I have been running it for some time now and it's rock solid for me. Probably won't run another on my 68U that will likely be replaced before I run any of the new firmwares. :)

Glad to hear it!

Just for everyone's info....this is the number of 'clicks' to my download directory since the latest release (wonder what got everyone excited on 9/26?:) )

picture.php

Glad to hear it!

Just for everyone's info....this is the number of 'clicks' to my download directory since the latest release (wonder what got everyone excited on 9/26?:) )

picture.php

LOL not sure about 9/26 but I believe people like this firmware because it has been very stable since it was released by Merlin. The newer firmwares are a lot of hype and eye candy and for some routers they lost signal and don't work good. Now you took something good and made it better by keeping this firmware up to date with security issues making it an excellent choice for those that don't want the new 376 builds,my 68U has never worked better. We all Thank You John. :)

There is a huge thread at SlickDeals on the TMobile AC1900 unit (RT-AC68U) and there was quite a bit of firmware discussion, including your fork, around that time so I assume that much of the spike came from those folks (including myself - still running the fork)! :D

Ahhh.....that now makes sense. Thanks.

I did a search and found the forum for a quick scan.....all I can say is that there is so much misinformation in that forum I wouldn't know where to start to straighten things out....

Ahhh.....that now makes sense. Thanks.

I did a search and found the forum for a quick scan.....all I can say is that there is so much misinformation in that forum I wouldn't know where to start to straighten things out....

Hi john9527, can you please add a version and update date to the thread title?

Hi john9527, can you please add a version and update date to the thread title?

This comes up every so often....

As a regular user, I don't have the ability to edit the thread title. In addition, if the thread title were edited, it would break anyone who created a subscription to the thread.

We are left with a couple of choices. When the fork was first released, the consensus was to make it a 'sticky' so it would be easy to find in the forum. So, we can abandon the sticky approach and I could create a separate thread for each new release (not my preference, as I think it's easier to have one place for the discussion and the sticky is easy to find).

Or, what I'm going to do when posting the next release. I'm going to make sure the latest release info is more clearly listed as the first thing in the first post, so you can easily see it just by doing a mouse-over on the thread.

Or, what I'm going to do when posting the next release. I'm going to make sure the latest release info is more clearly listed as the first thing in the first post, so you can easily see it just by doing a mouse-over on the thread.
this make perfect sense. Since this thread is already made sticky so it is easy to find. just my 2 cents :)

Update-04 Available

Well, it's been a month since the last release and there has been a new security related item to pick up....so...

LATEST RELEASE: Update-04
07-October-2014
Merlin fork 374.43_2-04j9527
Download http://1drv.ms/1uChm3J
===============================

Update-04 of the 374.43 update fork is now available. The major change is enabling SHA256 and SHA512 HMAC for SSH (SHA-1 is being phased out on the internet). It also contains some minor enhancements/fixes for FTP, OpenVPN and Apple client connections.

The first post has been updated with the changelog/specifics (the download link is the same). Also, the first couple of lines have been reformatted so you can see the latest release info just by doing a mouse-over on the thread title.

As always, review the changes with respect to your environment and decide if an update is necessary. The 01 and 03 releases already contain the security update to OpenSSL addressing those known concerns as well as fixes for the most pervasive user issues (and have been very stable).

Enjoy!

374.43_2-04j9527 (07-October-2014)
- Source: https://github.com/john9527/asuswrt-merlin : branch 374.43_2-update
- Desc: Incremental update to remap key fixes through 376.47, update-04

- CHANGE: Enable sha256 sha512 encryption for SSH
- CHANGE: Increase allowed max FTP connections limit to 10
- CHANGE: Move OpenVPN postconf execution right before client/server launch
- FIXED: Fix duplicate check on VPN Client page
- FIXED: Add missing mDNSResponder to MIPS builds
* FIXED: Wireless status incorrect after applying changes

Changes/fixes marked as (*) are unique to this fork, but do not affect the basic/default function of the firmware.

README-merlin-fork.txt
RT-AC56U_3.0.0.4_374.43_2-04j9527.trx........MD5: CC250CA3ABE0009E382A09FC7E5BD343
RT-AC66U_3.0.0.4_374.43_2-04j9527.trx........MD5: 444E383BCCC73EF9C53BF96167C39B72
RT-AC68U_3.0.0.4_374.43_2-04j9527.trx........MD5: EBC684DCEDBA29CFBA0D6720ACE4593C
RT-N16_3.0.0.4_374.43_2-04j9527.trx..........MD5: E9035E239F39C4AC9A56490AEE6D1270
RT-N66U_3.0.0.4_374.43_2-04j9527.trx.........MD5: B59F70089FB0181AD694006830504B1D

Last edited:
is there a way to kick out somone who is conected wirelles with fork ?

I'm not sure if it will kick them off or just prevent them from logging on again in the future, but you could try adding their MAC address in Reject mode under the Wireless/Wireless MAC Filter tab.

I should have waited one more day to go from the regular Merlin to this fork.

Can 04 be installed on top 03 without needing to clear the NVRAM afterwards?

I should have waited one more day to go from the regular Merlin to this fork.

Can 04 be installed on top 03 without needing to clear the NVRAM afterwards?

Isn't that always the way? :)

Yes, you can install without clearing NVRAM....

Rocking and rolling on update 04. Just wanted to add, never had an issue 1 with 03. From the time I added it unto the time I updated to 04, not a single slowdown, issue or anything, without a single reboot. Love your work john, thank you again for it.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!