What's new

[Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374.43 LTS releases (Archive)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Looking at the Wireless Log I do see some weird RSSI numbers.
Not sure if I've seen that before.

Crazy high (invalid) numbers like +39dBm. :eek:
If I hit "Refresh" it sometimes go back to all negative numbers.
But most of the time the high numbers stay. :confused:

Looks like they are all in 'Powersave mode' and can't even get a good transmit/receive rate (another behavior I suspect has always been there, that part of the code I also haven't touched). My guess is that it's trying to calculate without any real data.....I'll look at putting in a filter to change them to '??' like the rate data.

Looks like they are all in 'Powersave mode' and can't even get a good transmit/receive rate (another behavior I suspect has always been there, that part of the code I also haven't touched). My guess is that it's trying to calculate without any real data.....I'll look at putting in a filter to change them to '??' like the rate data.

See, there you go, now that you've added the colors to the wireless log to get the connection data to stand out, it's standing out. And users are "seeing" more of the data, and asking questions about what they see. By the way, I like the new colors, in case that wasn't clear already *smile*.

Last edited:
Hi Fork. I want to give you an update of my situation.

I always used the SDK5 version of MerlinR. But last weekend I installed your newest update. I have to say that the Wi-Fi range is the same/better as/than the SDK5 version! Congratz! Thanks :)

Have ac68u the same range as n66u, both using fork fm?
I have n66u today and I'm very pleased with range and speed. Although I have the "opportunity" to give my loved n66u to my father and upgrade to a new router. Range over 2.4ghz is priority one since I live in a large concrete house. Is there a better asus router in terms of range?

I have n66u today and I'm very pleased with range and speed. Although I have the "opportunity" to give my loved n66u to my father and upgrade to a new router. Range over 2.4ghz is priority one since I live in a large concrete house. Is there a better asus router in terms of range?
I don't have an N66 to personally compare to my AC68, but you may be interested in this article from Tim comparing N-client performance on AC class vs N class routers. The AC routers won....
http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/wire...oes-an-ac-router-improve-n-device-performance

Does the entware stuff work on this fork version. I must be really blonde or something I couldn't get anything to work. I was able to install entware on usb stick but could not get anything to execute I have a feeling it has something to do with /jjs/ bla bla

I doubt it.
Range for N66U has dramatically decreased since the 374 and newer firmware. I never used the Fork as I use the N66U in AP-mode (The Cisco modem-router from the provider acts as router).
I would be very careful with your N66U ....

Does the entware stuff work on this fork version. I must be really blonde or something I couldn't get anything to work. I was able to install entware on usb stick but could not get anything to execute I have a feeling it has something to do with /jjs/ bla bla
If you post some of the exact errors you are seeing and specify on what router, we may be able to provide some additional help.

But, one common problem is that entware cannot coexist with optware...and 'Download Master' installs a version of optware. So to install/use entware, you need to uninstall DM first.

As I understand AC is on 5ghz only which worse range compared to 2.4ghz?
Yes, that's correct....but there are a lot of variables involved.....positioning of the router, what obstructions and their makeup between the router and client to name a few. Overall though, it you are trying to connect at long distances 2.4GHz is likely the better choice.

entware defenitly works, I am using it. But you need a usb stick/hdd/ssd, dont use jffs.

Does anyone tried to convert WPS button to disable wifi ? I use it but i can't get it to work.. Any clue ? (i checked if the option was tick on the options)

I got it working i had to install a program called "WinSCP" after logging in with this program the instructions for making a script to block ads using router made much more since :p

Does anyone tried to convert WPS button to disable wifi ? I use it but i can't get it to work.. Any clue ? (i checked if the option was tick on the options)

If you want to disable wi-fi, go under Professional Tab in Wireless section and set Radio to OFF, i dont understand very well your question.Sorry

You didn't specify, but I'm assuming you have a MIPS based router. I haven't had any reports of it not working and I verified the code is still intact. The only thing I can recommend is to try a reset to factory defaults and setting things up from scratch. Sorry I don't have a MIPS router to test it on myself.

Note for others....the MIPS routers don't have a separate WiFi ON-OFF button, and there is an option to change the WPS button to perform this function.

It's not only a 'Powersave mode' issue.
To me it seems random, on guest and regular wireless networks. :confused:

RSSI.jpg

Its not the fisrt time i saw those DBs in positive state with my n66 and i dont know why too,to fix it: I reboot

It's a bug with the wireless driver that's been there forever. Another common symptom is that the rssi for every visible network shows as being 100% on the site survey page.

It's a bug with the wireless driver that's been there forever. Another common symptom is that the rssi for every visible network shows as being 100% on the site survey page.
Thanks for saving me some time. Seems like it's a MIPS based issue (I've been trying to recreate it on the AC68 without any success).

Just for fun, I put in a retry on the read of the RSSI value if it returns a bad value. Anyone want to try it, send me a PM.

Thanks for saving me some time. Seems like it's a MIPS based issue (I've been trying to recreate it on the AC68 without any success).

Yeah, it's possible BCM fixed it in 6.37 that's used by ARM (or, it's a bug caused by an uninitialized buffer, so it can randomly trigger under very specific situations).

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!