What's new

[Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374.43 LTS releases (Archive)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hello John!

Very minor issue. Every time I update firmware on RT-AC68U - the Stealth Mode remains as "Yes", yet router turns on one of the LEDs (USB). But no such issue after updating RT-N66U.

hi,
i would like to know if i use this fork will i be able to unlock the country code.
the reason why? i have solid walls and with the standard of max 13 txp its to less.
It would be interesting to have all the channels unlocked because we have allot of wifi traffic here in my neighborhood, and less channels available and I'm not talking about 2.4ghz
standard merlin wont allow me to change or unlock it

You are right john! Could you tell me how can I fix that?

Apr 4 21:43:33 openvpn[9198]: Ignore conflicted routing rule: 192.168.1.0/24

[EDITED]: Fixed & working!

Thank you very much for your help and congrats for the update! :)

Glad to hear you figured it out! Could you document what you discovered and how you fixed it (I'd like to know as well :) )

Hello John!

Very minor issue. Every time I update firmware on RT-AC68U - the Stealth Mode remains as "Yes", yet router turns on one of the LEDs (USB). But no such issue after updating RT-N66U.
Thanks for letting me know......be glad to take a look. Most likely a glitch when I added support for the AC66U_B1 which changed some of the gpio register definitions.

EDIT: Which USB? the USB3 or USB2 LED....

As usual, smooth update to 32E4 (RT-AC68U rev. A1)

Glad to hear you figured it out! Could you document what you discovered and how you fixed it (I'd like to know as well :) )

Hi John,

I was using a wrong config in my server OpenVPN side, I have removed the custom configuration previously added (you can see that in my previous post) as well as the ccd file in /jffs/configs/openvpn/, after that I have done a similar config via GUI and it works really smooth:

sWyF1RR.png

Best regards :)

Hello,

I'm thinking of running this on an rt-n66u. I haven't found much said about it.
I was wondering, in the case one would want to go back to merlin or asus official firmware, one would just have to use the ASUS Firmware Restoration tool? Given that this is based on a old version of merlin, what branch would one have to flash? For example, lets say I want to get back to merlin 380.69.2
Would I have to reflash merlin 374.xx and then upgrade to the latest from there.?

Thanks.

i have solid walls and with the standard of max 13 txp its to less.

Wouldn't you also have raise the transmitter power of the clients, since they have to transmit through those same walls back to the router?

Thanks.

To be clear. When you say "No, just go straight to 380.36.2." this installation is to be done via the Firmware Restoration tool & not via the FORK GUI?

Thanks.

To be clear. When you say "No, just go straight to 380.36.2." this installation is to be done via the Firmware Restoration tool & not via the FORK GUI?
Actually, you should be able to move 'up' from the fork to either the 380 or 384 code via the gui (just make sure to do a factory reset after the firmware upgrade). Moving 'back' to the fork will always require use of the firmware restoration tool (also followed by a factory reset).

Having said that, a warning to everyone about moving to Merlin 384.5 or ASUS 384.20624 or later. Merlin has indicated that there may be changes after loading these levels on the AC68 that prevents going back to earlier code, even when using the firmware restoration tool.

Hi John, I searched the thread but couldn't find too much information about flash your custom FW on the Tmobile AC1900.... I recently got the router, flashed it to AC68P initially, and mysteriously got reverted back to latest Tmobile FW after attempting to flash Merlin. It seems Asus has also locked mini CFE for the TM version. I couldn't even downgrade the router to original 1703 anymore. Some other member of forum suggested I could use your fw. I could not find any instructions. Would you please shed some light about it?

Hi John, I searched the thread but couldn't find too much information about flash your custom FW on the Tmobile AC1900.... I recently got the router, flashed it to AC68P initially, and mysteriously got reverted back to latest Tmobile FW after attempting to flash Merlin. It seems Asus has also locked mini CFE for the TM version. I couldn't even downgrade the router to original 1703 anymore. Some other member of forum suggested I could use your fw. I could not find any instructions. Would you please shed some light about it?
It appears as if ASUS included a new TM-1900 CFE in it's latest levels (so that was also picked up by Merlin). This CFE will force the use of TM-1900 firmware, and prevent loading any AC68 firmware (ASUS, Merlin or my fork). You are going to need to re-write the CFE to an older version to proceed. I believe I saw a post from someone who had accomplished this in one of the other TM-1900 threads.

It appears as if ASUS included a new TM-1900 CFE in it's latest levels (so that was also picked up by Merlin). This CFE will force the use of TM-1900 firmware, and prevent loading any AC68 firmware (ASUS, Merlin or my fork). You are going to need to re-write the CFE to an older version to proceed. I believe I saw a post from someone who had accomplished this in one of the other TM-1900 threads.
Wow, that sounds pretty convoluted. Whilst I have no qualms with Asus wanting to ensure TMobile-branded routers run TMobile firmware, it sounds like the "normal" firmware update contains not only the firmware code but the TMobile firmware as well and a copy of the TMobile CFE! Sounds rather bloaty.

Thanks so much. That could be the great save!

Wow, that sounds pretty convoluted. Whilst I have no qualms with Asus wanting to ensure TMobile-branded routers run TMobile firmware, it sounds like the "normal" firmware update contains not only the firmware code but the TMobile firmware as well and a copy of the TMobile CFE! Sounds rather bloaty.

I don't know how Asus did it... but multiple owners who have tried to flash the latest Merlin run into the issue. FW was reverted back to TM and CFE was locked down. Of course, I'm one of those poor users.

I don't know how Asus did it... but multiple owners who have tried to flash the latest Merlin run into the issue. FW was reverted back to TM and CFE was locked down. Of course, I'm one of those poor users.
The CFE code has been included for a long time....at least since 376 code. What I'm not sure is how the TM-1900 firmware is getting loaded. I saw one post which seems to imply that the router is downloading it from the internet after the CFE update.

The CFE code has been included for a long time....at least since 376 code. What I'm not sure is how the TM-1900 firmware is getting loaded. I saw one post which seems to imply that the router is downloading it from the internet after the CFE update.

Very Sneaky...

BTW I found the CFE dumps thread. It will be my weekend project to re write the CFE and flash to AC68p

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!