What's new

[Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374.43 LTS releases (Archive)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

john9527 said:
But the fact that all the nvram get's are returning empty indicates something is amiss. cpurev should be empty on the TM-1900, but odmpid and PA should be set. I think you need to do a factory reset and reconfigure.

Performed factory reset (twice), switched to AP mode, checked those 3 nvram - still all are empty

@trisk @snbDD

I really don't want to get into special support for the TM-1900, but I think I understand what is going on.
Try setting odmpid and see if it holds across a reboot.

nvram set odmpid=RT-AC68U
nvram commit

and reboot

This is interesting. I can't recreate the problem on my AC68P. So I'm wondering if Asus did a design change somewhere along the line.

What rev AC68U do you have (A1,A2,B1,C1,E1) and when was it purchased?
Also please log into the router and run the following commands.
nvram get odmpid
nvram get cpurev
nvram get PA

AFAIK, the TM-1900's are 'A' rev routers.

But the fact that all the nvram get's are returning empty indicates something is amiss. cpurev should be empty on the TM-1900, but odmpid and PA should be set. I think you need to do a factory reset and reconfigure.

Mine are also all empty (TM-AC1900). IIRC I only did a a factory reset when you introduced the new wireless driver

May I ask why these parameters important? Thank you!

odmpid in particular is used to select various configuration options in the code.

Thanks John!

On a side note. I've just logged into my router to do a backup before trying factory reset but couldn't find the USB flash that I plugged in. Strange enough I still see it on the web GUI Tools > Other Settings and still see the traffic per IP data being recorded on Main_TrafficMonitor_devdaily.asp. Do you know what's going on?

Thanks John!

On a side note. I've just logged into my router to do a backup before trying factory reset but couldn't find the USB flash that I plugged in. Strange enough I still see it on the web GUI Tools > Other Settings and still see the traffic per IP data being recorded on Main_TrafficMonitor_devdaily.asp. Do you know what's going on?
Sorry, no idea. Should be accessible via /mnt/dev or /mnt/label

EDIT: If you had a USB problem/error it could have changed mnt points. Do an
ls /mnt
and see if you see it.

And...I looked at the code, a reset won't fix odmpid. Please try the nvram set I mentioned.

ls /mnt
and see if you see it.

And...I looked at the code, a reset won't fix odmpid. Please try the nvram set I mentioned.

Thanks again John!

ls /mnt returned nothing. I'll do the nvram set and reboot to see if the USB will come back online

ls /mnt
and see if you see it.

That nvram set works and the USB also comes back after reboot. Thanks John!

Is it a Lexar USB? I had to relegate one I had to windows only as it would magically disappear when attached to the router.
Weird, I also had issues with one of those. I assumed it was because it was as old as time itself. Back in the days when 256MB was considered huge and most people were still using CDRW for portable storage.

This question was mentioned before but was curious as well. Does the newest build change the TX/RX power of the 5Ghz band? If so, what exactly is different? I'm currently on 30E2. Thank you.

N66U user w/ 32E4. My 'Client status' list never stops loading and the 'Network Map' always reports 0 clients. Same counts for the MAC address and host dropdowns; always empty. Meanwhile I'm connected with about 6 devices both wireless and wired. See attached screenshots.

Anyone aware of this? Maybe a solution? It's really hard to manage my network now.

1.png 2.PNG

Update PSA:
Updating from 31E6 to 32E4 made the DHCP server to error out; unable to obtain new leases. Windows reported: unable to contact your DHCP server. Request has timed out. Web-UI reboot didn't fix it, but rebooting using the hardware on/off-switch fixed it. :)

//EDIT: Solved issue with the Network Map by changing my network mask from 255.255.0.0 (172.16.0.0/16) to 255.255.255.0 (172.16.16.0/24)

Last edited:
N66U user w/ 32E4. My 'Client status' list never stops loading and the 'Network Map' always reports 0 clients. Same counts for the MAC address and host dropdowns; always empty. Meanwhile I'm connected with about 6 devices both wireless and wired. See attached screenshots. Anyone aware of this? Maybe a solution? It's really hard to manage my network now.
It can take 5-10 minutes for the networkmap to fully populate following a reboot. Be patient....

Reactions: DcR
It can take 5-10 minutes for the networkmap to fully populate following a reboot. Be patient....
Thanks for your reply. The device currently reports this uptime: 0 days 1 hours 0 minutes 31 seconds. I can be more patient but I had this issue prior to my latest reboot. It just stays like this. Maybe unparsable hostnames or something... I can only guess, not sure how to debug this. Tried Firefox, Chrome and Edge, not browser related.

//e: Looked at the network responses, this is the reply for /update_clients.asp. Assuming this is the call for the list, it doesn't appear to be a cosmetic (web-ui display) error.
Code:
client_list_array = '';
mapscanning = 0;

Last edited:
Maybe unparsable hostnames or something... I can only guess, not sure how to debug this. Tried Firefox, Chrome and Edge, not browser related.
If you have any manually assigned IPs, make sure the device name only consists of alpha-numerics, dash and underscore (no special or double byte characters). If you do, you may need to wipe the assignments and start over
nvram set dhcp_staticlist=""
nvram commit && reboot

Bring up the browser console with F12 and look for any errors.

Dual WAN seems to be completely broken. My RT-AC66U works OK in dual WAN mode in original Merlin firmware. But not in this fork. Single WAN is OK but as soon as I turn on dual WAN, router keeps restarting constantly. Otherwise, stable and works as intended. Thanks for the great job.

If you have any manually assigned IPs, make sure the device name only consists of alpha-numerics, dash and underscore (no special or double byte characters). If you do, you may need to wipe the assignments and start over
nvram set dhcp_staticlist=""
nvram commit && reboot

Bring up the browser console with F12 and look for any errors.
Okay, thank you. All the names match your specifications, but I pushed the commands to be sure. Uptime 1+ hour, but still the same issue. :( Manually Assigned IP list is empty now. Even tried disabling both wireless radios.

General log:
Code:
Jan  1 01:00:48 ddns_update: ez-ipupdate: starting...
Jan  1 01:00:48 ddns_update: connected to dynamicdns.park-your-domain.com (104.219.249.157) on port 80.
Jan  1 01:00:48 ddns_update: request successful
Jan  1 01:00:48 ddns_update: asusddns_update: 0

DHCP lease log:
Code:
Hostname                         IP Address       MAC Address        Expires
i7-6700K-W10                     172.16.16.75     30:5a:3a:02:7a:14  23:55:06

Active connections (summary, not sure if this output is considered normal):
Code:
Count   Type   IP Address         Hostname                   
BusyBox v1.25.1 (2018-04-02 10:06:53 MST) multi-call binary.

Usage: nslookup [HOST] [SERVER]

Query the nameserver for the IP address of the given HOST
optionally using a specified DNS server

Browser console:
Code:
[Deprecation] Use of the Application Cache is deprecated on insecure origins. Support will be removed in the future. You should consider switching your application to a secure origin, such as HTTPS. See https://goo.gl/rStTGz for more details.
index.asp:1 Document was loaded from Application Cache with manifest http://172.16.0.1/manifest.appcache
index.asp:1 Application Cache Checking event
index.asp:1 Application Cache NoUpdate event
index.asp:1 This page includes a password or credit card input in a non-secure context. A warning has been added to the URL bar. For more information, see https://goo.gl/zmWq3m.

Last edited:
@DcR Your network appears to be on 172.16.x.y. I don't know about John's firmware but I know that with Merlin's the network map doesn't work with anything other that 192.168.1.0/24. Also, how large is your netmask and DHCP pool?

Reactions: DcR

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!