What's new

[Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374.43 LTS releases (Archive)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

A strange thing was that the update process took about 4-5 minuters.

Not 40 minutes to one hour??

Asus RT-AC66U. I had latest Merlin running on AC66U. Factory reset followed by using Asus Restoration Tool. When the router was in rescue mode.

Process was extremely fast.

Everything Up 'n running working 100%

True, but I was also curious about Merlin in general. Still curious about the LTS fork.
Our experience has been that both are reliable and secure. Make the choice one which one offers features of interest to you.

Our experience has been that both are reliable and secure. Make the choice one which one offers features of interest to you.
Thanks, but you are missing the point of my OP.

The read me says this is supported: AC68U (Rev A1,A2,B1)

Im trying to find out if the B2 rev is also supported.

Thanks, but you are missing the point of my OP.

The read me says this is supported: AC68U (Rev A1,A2,B1)

Im trying to find out if the B2 rev is also supported.
I cannot imagine that it would not be. I have not tried it on mine because it is my understanding that an extra step is required to prepare my newest router since it arrived with the 3.0.0.4.384 firmware installed.

John would be the ultimate expert on that.

Hi Guys..

Question.. i notished something weird.. i have an asus rt-ac66u router running the latest build.. and when i scan my network ( on Mac with ip scanner and with fing on my android tablet ) i see my router two times.. one with the lan ip with i have given and one time with and other ip but same mac address ) Example : 1: mac: 01:02:03:04:05:06 ip: 192.168.3.240 and 2: mac: 01:02:03:04:05:06 ip: 192.168.3.253 i already have reflash the router even went to tomato for a lil where this is not happening... but as soon i went back to this fork and build from scratch ( no Backup file used ) it happens again. i can ping this last ip and when i do a port scan it show all router ports to... but i cannot access the router from the last ip.. How can this happen??
Screenshot 2018-12-31 at 18.18.41.png

I have a question, do the lts builds support internal radius on the router or is that hardware and router model dependant?

I have a question, do the lts builds support internal radius on the router or is that hardware and router model dependant?
There's no built-in RADIUS server but you can point the router to IP address of a server somewhere on your LAN.

Hello,

Is it advisable to use John’s LTS firmware vs the latest Asus 3.0.0.4.382.50702 (released July 2018) or the final Merlin 380.70 on an RT-N66U?

Hello,

Is it advisable to use John’s LTS firmware vs the latest Asus 3.0.0.4.382.50702 (released July 2018) or the final Merlin 380.70 on an RT-N66U?
Personally, I would discount Merlin's 380.70 release as an option as it's fairly old now and has fallen behind with security and bug fixes. Mind you, Asus' isn't much better in that respect. Whether you use Asus' or John's is a matter of personal preference IMHO.

It does not mean that the cops will be going after you, but Merlin and John have dropped support for that.
Lol.. i do understand.. but i changed it... as the setup is at this moment..
Anyway someone can explain why i see my router two times in network scanners ?

I'm currently on Merlin's 380.68_4 firmware and seeing that it has been EOL for quite some time I'm looking to migrate to this LTS release. Being that it is forked from an older Merlin release though is there anything I should do in advance of "updating" to this firmware build?

I'm currently on Merlin's 380.68_4 firmware and seeing that it has been EOL for quite some time I'm looking to migrate to this LTS release. Being that it is forked from an older Merlin release though is there anything I should do in advance of "updating" to this firmware build?
Please see OP for the Installation Notes.

Ok I'm blind. I'm going to follow it up with another stupid question.

I have an original AC66U so should I use RT-AC66U_374.43_37E4j9527.trx for that unit?
YES

I started playing with the local ntp server option and would like to suggest a feature proposed by @sfx2000 in https://www.snbforums.com/threads/r...ntp-raspberry-pi-serverhow.48551/#post-427636

Would you consider adding an option to the LAN DHCP page to advertise the router IP as the NTP server under option 42 if the SNTP server is enabled? I see this as an intermediate step between manually configuring clients and using the DNSFilter rule to force all ntp traffic.

In the meantime, I’ve added the option to my dnsmasq.conf.add file.

EDIT: It looks like most of the prevalent DHCP clients (e.g. Windows, iOS) won't recognize DHCP option 42 anyway, so I'll withdraw my request for this feature. Low return on investment.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!