What's new

[Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374.43 LTS releases (Archive)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Sorry guys, to "warm this up" again... but is there now a common consensus, this development area on onedrive really belongs to John? And we can highly assume, everything posted there is coming from John?

I am tempted to install latest posted version, but some other voice tells me I should refrain unless I know more...

Thanks
Andi
I see nothing saying who owns that page , assumptions are never a safe bet.

It is definitely not John's original One Drive page , the link for that is in the first post of this thread.
For you to discredit that this is his work, you have to assume one or more of the following - someone compromised his onedrive account, someone compromised his snb account, or one of the forum moderators here edited his post linking there and is in on the deceit.

Otherwise, this is from the horse’s mouth and as trusted as it ever was. That’s all there is to it.

I see nothing saying who owns that page , assumptions are never a safe bet.

It is definitely not John's original One Drive page , the link for that is in the first post of this thread.
Its a different folder (Development) on his OneDrive acct. John himself posted it some time back. The one on post 1 is the release area/folder. Also look at the space, 7.29 used of 40 gb on both. (not proof but........) :)

Last edited:
Dev builds and all are good, the first adopters will use them. But until JohnsFork is brought back from Vaporware I have to move on. Sorry John but back to Merlin.
I than you for all youhave done and truly hope the best for you.

I have moved the tftproot inside the entware folder and this seems to have fixed it.

Oh, no: three instances are back again.

They come and go: 3, 1, 3, 1, etc.

Last edited:
There looks to be a new Chrome update today, Version 80.0.3987.87.
It seems to mess up the layout again on the System Log page with overlapping text, etc.

On previous versions (77-), we could do the following:
Thanks for posting this, I thought it was only me with a messed up user interface.
Here is how to fix...
  • chrome://flags/
  • Search for "LayoutNG"
  • Set to "Disabled"
View attachment 19320

I no longer seem to find "LayoutNG" under chrome://flags/ using this version.

There looks to be a new Chrome update today, Version 80.0.3987.87.
It seems to mess up the layout again on the System Log page with overlapping text, etc.

On previous versions (77-), we could do the following:

I no longer seem to find "LayoutNG" under chrome://flags/ using this version.

Create a Chrome shortcut and use the command line flag (--disable-blink-features=LayoutNG) in the target field. It will work then

Thanks for posting this, I thought it was only me with a messed up user interface.

Here is how to fix...
  • chrome://flags/
  • Search for "LayoutNG"
  • Set to "Disabled"
  • Problem Solved
This worked on Version 76.0.3809.132 (Official Build) (64-bit)

EDIT: Chrome autoupdated to Version 77.0.3865.75 (Official Build) (64-bit). Still working without issue.

View attachment 19320

Hi ColinTaylor and all !
I guess that my chrome browser was updated.
Now using Chrome version 80.0.3987.87 (Official Build) (64-bit), the problem is back on, and the LayoutNG disable option is not available anymore on the chrome://flags/ page.
Please note that I tried to surf the router's management pages also using microsoft edge, and the problem appears there as well.
So this implies that maybe something is not so perfect with the router's firmware - regarding this aspect...
what do you say?

Thanks,
Amit.

Create a Chrome shortcut and use the command line flag (--disable-blink-features=LayoutNG) in the target field. It will work then

@wollyka - That did the trick. Thank you for this! Typical Google breaking what works yet again in Chrome. LOL.

Expect this nag screen each time. Now to find a way to disable this.

upload_2020-2-8_19-19-10.png

EDIT: Windows users, enter just like this in the "Target" section of your Chrome link.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" --disable-blink-features=LayoutNG

@amita Read the post immediately before your one.

@ColinTaylor,

Sorry to report, I changed the target of chrome to
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" --disable-blink-features=LayoutNG
and the problem of messed text still remains.

Chrome version 80.0.3987.87 (Official Build) (64-bit).

And I write again that the problem of messed text also occurs when connecting the the router's management pages with MS Edge, Not gust Google chrome...

Do you see the warning message when loading Chrome as shown in the previous post?

And I write again that the problem of messed text also occurs when connecting the the router's management pages with MS Edge, Not gust Google chrome...
That's not too surprising as Edge is now based on Chromium.

@ColinTaylor,

Chrome version 80.0.3987.87 (Official Build) (64-bit).

Make sure Chrome is fully closed and not hiding in task manager after you've added the command line. Close any instances and then use a link as shown below.

I'm also on Chrome Version 80.0.3987.87 (Official Build) (64-bit). Windows 10 x64. Zero issues here after implementing this fix.

upload_2020-2-9_17-18-58.png

EDIT: Also, you may need turned off this setting, otherwise Chrome may auto-launch on reboot with it's own default settings and any launching is done under the existing process (without the flag to disable)

chrome://settings/ - Hidden under advanced.

upload_2020-2-9_17-23-57.png

Make sure Chrome is fully closed and not hiding in task manager after you've added the command line. Close any instances and then use a link as shown below.

I'm also on Chrome Version 80.0.3987.87 (Official Build) (64-bit). Windows 10 x64. Zero issues here after implementing this fix.

View attachment 21275

EDIT: Also, you may need turned off this setting, otherwise Chrome may auto-launch on reboot with it's own default settings and any launching is done under the existing process (without the flag to disable)

chrome://settings/ - Hidden under advanced.

View attachment 21277

Thanks for the reply. I opened chrome on another instance in paralel to other instance that was already running, so this is probably the reason.
So we have a way to bypass the problem in chrome.

BTW, I checked the router's GUI navigation also using the latest FireFox browser (version 72.0.2), and with it there is no problem navigating and viewing the GUI pages without any need to "hack" the browser / add special definitions.
So the problem is currently relevant to MS Edge and Google chrome browsers, while when using chrome, there is a bypass solution.

@amita why would this not work with Edge Chromium? I think similar controls are available there too.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!