What's new

Release [FORK][DSL] GNUton's Merlin builds based on 386.3_2 have been released for DSL-AX82U and DSL-AC68U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GNUton

Instruction for flashing the firmware.
1. Download the latest image for your model from here. Please download the .trx for DSL-AC68U or the .w for DSL-AX82U.
2. Open http://router.asus.com/Advanced_FirmwareUpgrade_Content.asp in your browser and upload the image
3. Please reset to factory if you are upgrading from stock or 384 release.

In case you want to revert back to stock firmware. Please download the .trx or .w image from the asus website/support page/your router
And repeat the points 2 and 3.

Enjoy!

Hello,
First thank you for your work on this firmware.
After updating with version 384.17-0-gnuton1 to 386.02-1-gnuton1 and proceed to a factory reset.
In version 384.17-0-gnuton1 I had no problem with the hidden ssid, with 386.02-1-gnuton1 after updating
it no longer works, , both in 2.4g and 5g.

Thank you

Thanks for the update. I'm currently running 386.01_2 on DSL and 2 x 386.1_2 on RT's.
I see the main RT firmware has just bumped up to 386.2_2 - and seemingly from 386.2_1 in just a couple of weeks.

Should I take DSL-386.2_1 and mix with RT-386.2_2 - or better to wait a short while for DSL-386.2_2 to beta?
Thanks!

Thanks for the update. I'm currently running 386.01_2 on DSL and 2 x 386.1_2 on RT's.
I see the main RT firmware has just bumped up to 386.2_2 - and seemingly from 386.2_1 in just a couple of weeks.

Should I take DSL-386.2_1 and mix with RT-386.2_2 - or better to wait a short while for DSL-386.2_2 to beta?
Thanks!
Legit question. My suggestion is to run latest firmware on both.

DSL -> https://github.com/gnuton/asuswrt-merlin.ng/releases/tag/386.02_1-gnuton1
RT -> 386.2_2

Both are are 386.2 and based on the same GPL.
I have just released 386.02_2 firmware as beta btw, if you like to give it a try.

Hi,

Thank you for making merlin available for my DSL-AC68U.

edit: current stable version does not detect the game Call of Duty: Warzone as "gaming" traffic on the QoS bandwidth monitor page (also mentioned for older build 386.01_2) but it is now detected correctly in 386.03_2-gnuton0_beta2

Last edited:
Hi,

Thank you for making merlin available for my DSL-AC68U.

edit: current stable version does not detect the game Call of Duty: Warzone as "gaming" traffic on the QoS bandwidth monitor page (also mentioned for older build 386.01_2) but it is now detected correctly in 386.03_2-gnuton0_beta2
Hi, @lionel147 I completely missed the post about FlexQoS, but in any case it seems to me (I could be wrong) you are talking about two different things, even if the problem is still related to game experience.
Please open a new thread about this issue and be more descriptive about the issue and mention me there so that I can follow it. Thanks.

Hi, @lionel147 I completely missed the post about FlexQoS, but in any case it seems to me (I could be wrong) you are talking about two different things, even if the problem is still related to game experience.
Please open a new thread about this issue and be more descriptive about the issue and mention me there so that I can follow it. Thanks.

Originally it was a concern for me on the stable (386.02_6-gnuton1) build but it's working fine after flashing the newer Pre-release 386.03_2-gnuton0_beta3

My fault for any confusion, looking back at my post it does look like I was reporting a bug, but I only mentioned it in case anyone else was having a similar problem (upgrade to latest build fixes it) :)

Hi @GNUton , I haven't been around for a long time.

I bought a DSL-AX88U device. I installed version 386.02_6-gnuton1.

There are 2 shortcomings that I have identified, I would like to share them.

1) When IPv6 is turned on "Native", DSL is connected but Internet is not shared.

2) DNSFilter is not working.

thanks for your work. see you later.

One question about AiMesh. Can we use DSL-AC68U as a child node in Asus AiMesh system using Ethernet backhaul connection? I read somewhere that someone may change the WAN port from DSL to LAN1 , is this possible?

One question about AiMesh. Can we use DSL-AC68U as a child node in Asus AiMesh system using Ethernet backhaul connection?
Yes it is possible.

I read somewhere that someone may change the WAN port from DSL to LAN1 , is this possible?
I do not know.

Hi GNUton, Usually your work is reduced in size compared to official software. This time I noticed that the size has increased for DSL-AX88U, what is the reason?

Attachments

• Ekran Alıntısı.PNG
    Ekran Alıntısı.PNG
    16.3 KB · Views: 171
What's the model and version of the firmware?
Hi GNUton,

I have just ordered a DSL-AC68 and planning on using it as a child AiMesh node at home. The main router is an RT-AC68U running latest stable of Merlin. What I have understood so far is that DSL model has no dedicated WAN port. In the AiMesh System, a child node needs to be connected with its WAN port so that it can take advantage of Ethernet Backhaul. Have you tried this AiMesh function? Pretty happy to test and report back , when I receive the router.

Status
Not open for further replies.