What's new

Release [FORK][DSL] GNUton's Merlin builds based on 386.3_2 have been released for DSL-AX82U and DSL-AC68U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi GNUton,

I have just ordered a DSL-AC68 and planning on using it as a child AiMesh node at home. The main router is an RT-AC68U running latest stable of Merlin. What I have understood so far is that DSL model has no dedicated WAN port. In the AiMesh System, a child node needs to be connected with its WAN port so that it can take advantage of Ethernet Backhaul. Have you tried this AiMesh function? Pretty happy to test and report back , when I receive the router.
it should work. It doesn't have a dedicated eth WAN port, but you should be able to set one of the 4 available eth as WAN.

DSL AX88U / 382.02_6
You if you run the latest beta6 on the DSL-AX82U you should see this page.

1629358483754.png

Hi @GNUton , I haven't been around for a long time.

I bought a DSL-AX88U device. I installed version 386.02_6-gnuton1.

There are 2 shortcomings that I have identified, I would like to share them.

1) When IPv6 is turned on "Native", DSL is connected but Internet is not shared.

2) DNSFilter is not working.

thanks for your work. see you later.
Hi,
As for the DNSFilter bug, it has been already reported in the github bug tracker and it's under investigation.
The IPV6 one has not been reported yet. if you can open a bug ticket for it and youexplain step by step how to reproduce it I can take a look at it. thanks

Hi,
As for the DNSFilter bug, it has been already reported in the github bug tracker and it's under investigation.
The IPV6 one has not been reported yet. if you can open a bug ticket for it and youexplain step by step how to reproduce it I can take a look at it. thanks

Ok. Thanks.

[NEW STABLE RELEASED!]

Hi there!
After 6 betas and a few alphas pre-release I am now happy to annouce a shiny new stable release.
This release comes with a lot of improvements but mostly for the DSL-AX82U.

The main changes for this routers are summarized here and in the changelog that you can find in the download link.

FIXED: Cake QoS for DSL-AX82U now works
FIXED: QoS upload classification page now shows upload plot on DSL-AX82U
FIXED: WiFi Insight page under wireless tab has been enabled for DSL-AX82U
FIXED: DNSFilter has been enabled for DSL-AX82U

You can now safely upgrade your routers and enjoy the latest firmware!
You can find the images for your routers here: Download from here!

[NEW STABLE RELEASED!]

Hi there!
After 6 betas and a few alphas pre-release I am now happy to annouce a shiny new stable release.
This release comes with a lot of improvements but mostly for the DSL-AX82U.

The main changes for this routers are summarized here and in the changelog that you can find in the download link.

FIXED: Cake QoS for DSL-AX82U now works
FIXED: QoS upload classification page now shows upload plot on DSL-AX82U
FIXED: WiFi Insight page under wireless tab has been enabled for DSL-AX82U
FIXED: DNSFilter has been enabled for DSL-AX82U

You can now safely upgrade your routers and enjoy the latest firmware!
You can find the images for your routers here: Download from here!

Hello GNUton, first of all thank you for doing such a nice work.

My detections on the DSL-AX82U device;
In the "WAN" option, there were DOH and DOT options before, I can't see it anymore.
There are 0+20 options in the "Administration/DSL Setting/Stability Adjustment" option. Asus file also has 0-5 option and I need to use this option.
"Administration/DSL Setting/ANNEX Mode" has A/L/M but no B. But my internet works with B. I can see this in the "DSL LOG". It works fine, but it would be nice to see it as an option.

When I install GNUton firmware on my DSL-AC68U, it doesn't connect as an Aimesh node, so I uploaded Asus firmware. It doesn't accept current password on SSH connection.

That's it for my findings, everything else is working fine for now. I'll post again later, thanks again.

Last edited:
Hello GNUton, first of all thank you for doing such a nice work.

My detections on the DSL-AX82U device;
In the "WAN" option, there were DOH and DOT options before, I can't see it anymore.
There are 0+20 options in the "Administration/DSL Setting/Stability Adjustment" option. Asus file also has 0-5 option and I need to use this option.
"Administration/DSL Setting/ANNEX Mode" has A/L/M but no B. But my internet works with B. I can see this in the "DSL LOG". It works fine, but it would be nice to see it as an option.

When I install GNUton firmware on my DSL-AC68U, it doesn't connect as an Aimesh node, so I uploaded Asus firmware. It doesn't accept current password on SSH connection.

That's it for my findings, everything else is working fine for now. I'll post again later, thanks again.
The latest stock firmware is based on 43xx and Merlin is currently based on 42xx.
In 42xx "Administration/DSL Setting/Stability Adjustment" the values 0-20 are the correct ones.
As for Annex B, that's a bug in 42xx, whch has been fixed in 43xx, but it's not worring since Annex B is used under the hood but not shown in the UI..
All these issues will be fixed when we will switch to newer GPL

I will test the the dsl-ac68u this is something that I didn't know..

The latest stock firmware is based on 43xx and Merlin is currently based on 42xx.
In 42xx "Administration/DSL Setting/Stability Adjustment" the values 0-20 are the correct ones.
As for Annex B, that's a bug in 42xx, whch has been fixed in 43xx, but it's not worring since Annex B is used under the hood but not shown in the UI..
All these issues will be fixed when we will switch to newer GPL

I will test the the dsl-ac68u this is something that I didn't know..
Are you sure about Annex B support ? for VDSL2 you need only PTM support and annex doesnt matter. for ADSL2 I got confirmation from asus that router support only annex A and they are not going to release any version with annex B support.

Are you sure about Annex B support ? for VDSL2 you need only PTM support and annex doesnt matter. for ADSL2 I got confirmation from asus that router support only annex A and they are not going to release any version with annex B support.
@winter2 In the official Asus DSL-AX82U specs page you can see this line: "G.993.2 (VDSL2),Annex A, B,supporting up to 35b [350Mbps/65Mbps];"

@winter2 In the official Asus DSL-AX82U specs page you can see this line: "G.993.2 (VDSL2),Annex A, B,supporting up to 35b [350Mbps/65Mbps];"
so we are both right, there is Annex B support but only for VDSL2 standard , and if you compare specs with DSL-AC68U which supported Annex B also for ADSL2/ADSL2+ and all other standards. So people with ADSL lines which are using Annex B modulation should be careful and don't upgrade to this router.

UPnP is broken with last FW 386.03_2 stable AC68U
I have 3 console XBOX , before (i don’t know version number) all with open nat….now go from open to limited and viceversa.
It’s no easy play with CoD.
I’m only?

@BoostOver
I am not sure about all your network setup, and I doubt there is a bug in miniupnp itself, there may be instead something not working in the config instead.

if you wanna play with the upnp config you can find it in /tmp/etc/upnp.
You can copy it to /jffs/configs/ and if jffs script is activated in System > Administration, you can run
service restart_upnp
to use your own config.
You should be able to see forwarded ports in System Log > Port Forwarding page
you should be able to see something in iptables UPNP chains.

Last edited:
Hey @GNUton today I received my DSL-AC68U which I bought because Asus Merlin firmware exist for this router thanks to you!!!
Coming from the RT-AC68U, I have one quick question. Is DNS SEC supported on the DSL-AC68U?

Hi there,
I have released a 386.03_2-gnuton2 which comes with a fix for OpenNAT.

Since there were people interested in DNS over TLS, this feature has been added to the beta release now.
For more info about that please join the thread about unstable releases. Thanks & Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.