What's new

Release [FORK][DSL] GNUton's Merlin builds based on 386.3_2 have been released for DSL-AX82U and DSL-AC68U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, have just installed the latest beta (386.07_0), onto my RT-AX82U over GNUton 386-5-2, vanilla setup, no VPN, no IPV6, no Trend Micro, no QoS, log levels, both set to 'notice', looks good early on, no problems/issues, at all, with the dirty upgrade to this new/current beta (386.07_0). All devices (30), have connected immediately without any issues. Mixture of android/apple/tp-link switch, Raspberry devices X 2, all good. 1 X Raspberry device running Pi-Hole.

@GNUton Thank you GNUton. I would not of purchased this router without your support/knowledge/time/effort and energy, to supply this router with a great firmware.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    34.1 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
Hi, thanks for your efforts and generosity in sharing. Quick question: on the Github releases page, there is a version of the DSL-AC68U firmware labelled NO-DSL-FIRMWARE. Does this firmware disable/remove the DSL functionality? If so, what is the advantage? I don't need DSL.
Thanks, Ken

Last edited:
Instruction for flashing the firmware.
1. Download the latest image for your model from here. Please download the .trx for DSL-AC68U or the .w for DSL-AX82U.
2. Open http://router.asus.com/Advanced_FirmwareUpgrade_Content.asp in your browser and upload the image
3. Please reset to factory if you are upgrading from stock or 384 release.

In case you want to revert back to stock firmware. Please download the .trx or .w image from the asus website/support page/your router
And repeat the points 2 and 3.

Enjoy!
Thank you for your info just tried to see the link

DSL-AX82U it says​

This site can’t be reached!!!​

Hi, thanks for your efforts and generosity in sharing. Quick question: on the Github releases page, there is a version of the DSL-AC68U firmware labelled NO-DSL-FIRMWARE. Does this firmware disable/remove the DSL functionality? If so, what is the advantage? I don't need DSL.
Thanks, Ken
The DSL-AC68U without DSL firmware doesn't remove the DSL functionality but it doesn't update the modem firmware.Most of the time the one with DSL is the one you want.
The one without DSL firmware is rather for people with ISP which have prolblem with new DSL-AC68U firmware.

Hi All,

two quick questions, i have a 2 xt8's in aimesh mode with wired backhall.

is it possible or any way to force certain clients like IOT devices like smart lights onto the 2.4ghz network with asuswrt ?

ive looked through and tried to find a definitive answer as this has been asked a million times. does the custom firmware void warranty, im from the uk. from reading it shouldnt but in the rare case i somehow brick my xt8s can i still reflash the og firmware or is there any hardware checkers like on android phones which detect custom firmware etc.

thanks for your time.

Hi All,

two quick questions, i have a 2 xt8's in aimesh mode with wired backhall.

is it possible or any way to force certain clients like IOT devices like smart lights onto the 2.4ghz network with asuswrt ?

ive looked through and tried to find a definitive answer as this has been asked a million times. does the custom firmware void warranty, im from the uk. from reading it shouldnt but in the rare case i somehow brick my xt8s can i still reflash the og firmware or is there any hardware checkers like on android phones which detect custom firmware etc.

thanks for your time.
Hi yes you can use merlins firmware, stick with stable releases to save issules.
I live in UK and use mine on sky with merlin.

Sure there is a way to block the mac address from 5 ghz, or add them to a guest network.

Status
Not open for further replies.